Homebrew Ver. 11.0.0-33E

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Homebrew_beginner, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Homebrew_beginner
    OP

Homebrew_beginner Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Dear forum,

i am completely new to the whole Homebrew thing and i am currently looking for advice. My goal is to extract a savegame from my 3DSXL (Firmware is 11.0.0-33E) from the game Monster Hunter Generations. I do have a cardreader. I should be able to extract the savegame with "JK Save Manager". And i can edit the Savegame with "APM Save game editor". So i need to do the following.

1) Install Homebrew (Possible downgrade my firmware ? What are the consequences of installing Homebrew ? Will i be still able to play online ?)
    2) Install JK save Manager
    3) Edit Savegame with APM Save game editor
    4) Relocate my savegame on my 3DS

I have absolutely no idea how i perform any of these steps. Can anyone link me to a noobfriendly thread or give me understandable instructions on how i can achieve this ?

I appreciate your efforts

2. ThomasRobertWade

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    If you are still on 11.0.0-3E, I would recommend looking up Browserhax and trying to install Menuhax through it. Then nust follow the tutorial on the APM thread for how to edit your save. As for consequences of homebrew, you won't be able to go online as easily (it might work in game) but that's because of the old firmware.

3. Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink Probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    If you are on V11.0 then installing homebrew shouldn't be a prombelm! Just use browserhax to enter HBL (homebrew launcher) then install menuhax or something like that. If you stay on v.11.0 you shouldnt be able to acess the eshop anyways, but if you use HB then you can bypass update notifications via something like httpwn. Using httpwn you will be able to continue using any online services that you could use before (like playong online, goung on eshop ect.) Finally, as long as you aren't going to install a cfw (if you don't know what that is that your good) you shouldnt have any issues with your 3ds. The only difference might be after you get 1,000 free custom themes, your 3ds mights take an extra second to boot up ;). I personally don't know anything about save data managing but I hope I answered your concerns regarding homebrew.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Darn, you beat me to it...

4. ThomasRobertWade

ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2012
    It's ok. The OP should hopefully understand. If not they can just let us know, and I'm sure one of us could help. :)

Lotoonlink likes this.
  5. ThatWorld Of 3ds

ThatWorld Of 3ds Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    United States
    Deez nuts
    Isn't menuhax patched?

6. Linkboy007

Linkboy007 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    yes on 11.1 but on 11.0 it's working

7. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    @Lotoonlink , @ThomasRobertWade : Can they still set up browserhax though since there is the update nag now? And the change date work-around was patched in 10.7 ... So unless they have another entrypoint they won't be able to install menuhax.

Xiphiidae and marc00077 like this.
  8. Lotoonlink

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    I would'nt think browserhax no longer works... After all, it only uses the internet browser which can be acccesed even without updating.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, if you have that one free submarine game before the update...you can install steelhax.

9. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    It can't be accessed cause it keeps asking you to update your system if you are on a lower firmware than the latest firmware iirc
    https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#Forced_system-update

Xiphiidae and marc00077 like this.
  10. alon12131415

alon12131415 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    Iceland
    i am on 11.0 too

what do i need to do to get homebrew without payed games? browserhax wont work for me too

11. PK101
    This message by PK101 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 17, 2016, Reason: Not helpful -rp.
    Sep 17, 2016
  12. ThatWorld Of 3ds
    This message by ThatWorld Of 3ds has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 17, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Sep 17, 2016
  13. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    You can change your DNS to the Tubehax DNS to access browserhax. But it only works directly after you reboot your 3DS. If you wait some seconds it doesn't work and you need to reboot your 3DS. If you have Steel Diver you could install steelhax through Browserhax.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

14. alon12131415

alon12131415 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    Iceland
    do i need to format my ds for this too?

15. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    Nope you just do this (I heard this only works on N3DS but you could try):
    1. Open up the system settings
    2. Go to the internet settings and then to the connection settings
    3. Choose your connection
    4. Touch "Change Settings"
    5. Touch "DNS"
    6. Touch "No" and go to detailled setup
    7. Change your primary DNS Server to 107.211.140.165 and your secondary to 107 211.140.065
    8. Save everything and exit out of the settings
    9. Press immediatlly on the Browser
    10. Access browserhax as fast as you can! (Setting up browserhax as favorite might help to be faster)

I translated the options from german so the names might differ from the actual names.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

16. Homebrew_beginner
    OP

Homebrew_beginner Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    United States

You did indeed clear it up. But this was a bit too fast for me :P First of all what is browserhax ? Is that a general thing i will find on this website ? Can you link me to it ? Once i installed this Browserhax will i be able to "enter" the HBL from there ? And how will installing menuhax on my 3ds allow me to acces my savegames ? Sorry but i am an Idiot when it comes to this and i cant really follow your instructions like this :P Are there any videoguides available ?

17. TuskenTimeTraveller

TuskenTimeTraveller Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Argentina
    I'm trying to access the browser, to enter homebrew. But the system update message won't let me. I have 11.0.0-33.
    Does anyone know about a solution to this?

18. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You can't use Browserhax on 11.0.0-33 anymore. You need to find another method to access Homebrew.

Xiphiidae and Wojton like this.
  19. TuskenTimeTraveller

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Argentina
    Any recommendation?

20. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Freakyhax (Freakyforms Deluxe), OOT3DHax (if you have a Powersaves device), Smashhax (n3DS only) are the only exploits for the Homebrew Launcher that don't require access to the Homebrew Launcher to install.

21. TuskenTimeTraveller

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2016
    Argentina
    Okay, then. I will try.
    Edit: Nothing will work for me. Thanks for helping, though.

Last edited by TuskenTimeTraveller, Sep 18, 2016
    xyxa likes this.
  22. Lotoonlink

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    This is a good guide to get started with homebrew, just make sure the "update to v11.1" message hasnt popped up on your 3ds yet...

Also for save data managing, look into either this:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/
    Or this:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/
    If you need any help with putting homebrew applications on your 3ds, just ask. :D