Homebrew Homebrew Ver. 11.0.0-33E

Homebrew_beginner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear forum,

i am completely new to the whole Homebrew thing and i am currently looking for advice. My goal is to extract a savegame from my 3DSXL (Firmware is 11.0.0-33E) from the game Monster Hunter Generations. I do have a cardreader. I should be able to extract the savegame with "JK Save Manager". And i can edit the Savegame with "APM Save game editor". So i need to do the following.

1) Install Homebrew (Possible downgrade my firmware ? What are the consequences of installing Homebrew ? Will i be still able to play online ?)
2) Install JK save Manager
3) Edit Savegame with APM Save game editor
4) Relocate my savegame on my 3DS

I have absolutely no idea how i perform any of these steps. Can anyone link me to a noobfriendly thread or give me understandable instructions on how i can achieve this ?

I appreciate your efforts

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
If you are still on 11.0.0-3E, I would recommend looking up Browserhax and trying to install Menuhax through it. Then nust follow the tutorial on the APM thread for how to edit your save. As for consequences of homebrew, you won't be able to go online as easily (it might work in game) but that's because of the old firmware.

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on V11.0 then installing homebrew shouldn't be a prombelm! Just use browserhax to enter HBL (homebrew launcher) then install menuhax or something like that. If you stay on v.11.0 you shouldnt be able to acess the eshop anyways, but if you use HB then you can bypass update notifications via something like httpwn. Using httpwn you will be able to continue using any online services that you could use before (like playong online, goung on eshop ect.) Finally, as long as you aren't going to install a cfw (if you don't know what that is that your good) you shouldnt have any issues with your 3ds. The only difference might be after you get 1,000 free custom themes, your 3ds mights take an extra second to boot up ;). I personally don't know anything about save data managing but I hope I answered your concerns regarding homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are still on 11.0.0-3E, I would recommend looking up Browserhax and trying to install Menuhax through it. Then nust follow the tutorial on the APM thread for how to edit your save. As for consequences of homebrew, you won't be able to go online as easily (it might work in game) but that's because of the old firmware.
Darn, you beat me to it...

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
If you are on V11.0 then installing homebrew shouldn't be a prombelm! Just use browserhax to enter HBL (homebrew launcher) then install menuhax or something like that. If you stay on v.11.0 you shouldnt be able to acess the eshop anyways, but if you use HB then you can bypass update notifications via something like httpwn. Using httpwn you will be able to continue using any online services that you could use before (like playong online, goung on eshop ect.) Finally, as long as you aren't going to install a cfw (if you don't know what that is that your good) you shouldnt have any issues with your 3ds. The only difference might be after you get 1,000 free custom themes, your 3ds mights take an extra second to boot up ;). I personally don't know anything about save data managing but I hope I answered your concerns regarding homebrew.

It's ok. The OP should hopefully understand. If not they can just let us know, and I'm sure one of us could help. :)

Reactions: Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lotoonlink , @ThomasRobertWade : Can they still set up browserhax though since there is the update nag now? And the change date work-around was patched in 10.7 ... So unless they have another entrypoint they won't be able to install menuhax.
I would'nt think browserhax no longer works... After all, it only uses the internet browser which can be acccesed even without updating.

Also, if you have that one free submarine game before the update...you can install steelhax.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i am on 11.0 too

what do i need to do to get homebrew without payed games? browserhax wont work for me too
You can change your DNS to the Tubehax DNS to access browserhax. But it only works directly after you reboot your 3DS. If you wait some seconds it doesn't work and you need to reboot your 3DS. If you have Steel Diver you could install steelhax through Browserhax.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do i need to format my ds for this too?
Nope you just do this (I heard this only works on N3DS but you could try):
1. Open up the system settings
2. Go to the internet settings and then to the connection settings
3. Choose your connection
4. Touch "Change Settings"
5. Touch "DNS"
6. Touch "No" and go to detailled setup
7. Change your primary DNS Server to 107.211.140.165 and your secondary to 107 211.140.065
8. Save everything and exit out of the settings
9. Press immediatlly on the Browser
10. Access browserhax as fast as you can! (Setting up browserhax as favorite might help to be faster)

I translated the options from german so the names might differ from the actual names.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Homebrew_beginner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You did indeed clear it up. But this was a bit too fast for me :P First of all what is browserhax ? Is that a general thing i will find on this website ? Can you link me to it ? Once i installed this Browserhax will i be able to "enter" the HBL from there ? And how will installing menuhax on my 3ds allow me to acces my savegames ? Sorry but i am an Idiot when it comes to this and i cant really follow your instructions like this :P Are there any videoguides available ?

TuskenTimeTraveller

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm trying to access the browser, to enter homebrew. But the system update message won't let me. I have 11.0.0-33.
Does anyone know about a solution to this?

TuskenTimeTraveller

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Freakyhax (Freakyforms Deluxe), OOT3DHax (if you have a Powersaves device), Smashhax (n3DS only) are the only exploits for the Homebrew Launcher that don't require access to the Homebrew Launcher to install.
Okay, then. I will try.
Edit: Nothing will work for me. Thanks for helping, though.

Last edited by TuskenTimeTraveller,
Reactions: xyxa

Lotoonlink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did indeed clear it up. But this was a bit too fast for me :P First of all what is browserhax ? Is that a general thing i will find on this website ? Can you link me to it ? Once i installed this Browserhax will i be able to "enter" the HBL from there ? And how will installing menuhax on my 3ds allow me to acces my savegames ? Sorry but i am an Idiot when it comes to this and i cant really follow your instructions like this :P Are there any videoguides available ?
This is a good guide to get started with homebrew, just make sure the "update to v11.1" message hasnt popped up on your 3ds yet...

Also for save data managing, look into either this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/
Or this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/
If you need any help with putting homebrew applications on your 3ds, just ask. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: