[Homebrew] Simon Game

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mastermodr94, Jan 6, 2015.

1. mastermodr94
    OP

mastermodr94 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    So I have been teaching myself how to code in C and how to code 3ds games and this is my first working version of my Simon Game. The game is fairly self explanitory, It will play you a pattern and you have to follow it. Every turn the pattern goes up by one. The game will keep track of your current session's high score.

Enjoy

Github Source: https://github.com/mastermodr94/Simon

Attached Files:

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Cool, I'll make a demo video later

3. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    I guess I should of got mine done sooner xD I was working on a simon game as well. It was more of a learning thing for me because my Piano homebrew would use much of the same coding.

EDIT:
    I just took a look at your source and noticed some of it came from my piano homebrew actually, I don't mind at all because that's how a lot of people learn coding is by using snips from others codes and figure out how it works ^^

Good job on it by the way!

Aidan25 and SpaceCats64 like this.
  4. mastermodr94
    OP

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Thanks :D yea I saw your piano homebrew and thats when I got this idea! Thanks a bunch for sharing your code because without it A. I wouldnt have been able to learn the structure of a good plugin so fast, and B. I would have to re-write a good amount of code myself. So yea thanks a bunch.

Aidan25 likes this.
  5. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    No problem! One thing I did notice: everytime you "win" and go to the next round, the new round has the last rounds number of inputs + 1, but the actual inputs themselves are different. Why is that? Shouldn't each round have the same inputs as the last + one random one? (I hope that makes sense XD)

6. mastermodr94
    OP

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Oh you're right lol I havent played an actual simon in forever :P umm i can fix that pretty easily but it probs wont happen tonight because i already spent close to 5 hrs today finishing this code

7. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Here is a short demo video I made, feel free to add it to the first post of you want! :)

geekqueen2010 likes this.
  8. Agent Moose

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Ahhh. Yeah, I actually am trying to make a game with my piano app and it will kinda use the same method you did...escept with an already made song :3

9. mastermodr94
    OP

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Well if you need it feel free to use any of my code you want

10. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    can i use ur code to make a game where when you touch the guys dick on screen he moans?

11. mastermodr94
    OP

Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    i mean if you honestly want to sure its open source for a reason but i do not endorse it :P

Gettwobirdsstone likes this.
  12. DarkFlare69

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Lol, i think it'll be the best game of 2015

13. geekqueen2010

geekqueen2010 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2015
    United States
    I can't find your piano app, and I would really like to download it. So please reply with link to it, if it's not too much trouble.