Hacking Homebrew requests topic

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm assuming that this is okay because we have a few "requests" topics around the forum.
I felt that this was needed so DStwo developers can have an easier job deciding what to develop.
Actually, I made this because I'm too noobish to know how to code anything.

I'll be listing only what is possible. Anything that can't be done as homebrew (such as modifications to DS_GAME) will not be counted.
And feel free to post your request even if it's already there (it helps with the counting)

Requests:
Better GB/GBC emulator (17)
Better Genesis/MD (CD/32X) emulator (10)
Better GBA emulator (multiplayer, etc) (7)
PSX emulator (more possible than N64) (5)
VirtualBoy emulator (5)
TG16/PCE (CD) emulator (4)
NeoGeo and/or NGPocket emulator (4)
Better SMS emulator (4)
Better Atari 2600 emulator (4)
Better SNES emulator (4)
Atari Lynx emulator (3)
Better NES (FDS) emulator (3)
WonderSwan emulator (1)
FinalBurn Alpha emulator port (1)
Commodore 64 emulator (1)
NEC PC-98 emulator (1)
Capcom CPS1/CPS2 arcade emulator (1)
Atari 800 emulator (1)
Official DS Browser without RAM pack (2)
Direct file downloader (2)
updated MSN messenger (2)
Remote Controller for external devices (1)
PC-to-DS File transferrer (1)
Better DS2Tools (1)
New homebrew internet browser (1)
YouTube streamer (1)
[title:Ports and/or homebrew updates]Awesomer Linux (Dingux port) (12)
More efficient DPG player (4)
A better DSTWO SDK (3)
Quake/Quake 2 port (2)
Doom game engine update (2)
Yume Nikki port (2)
Cave Story port (2)
DSOrganize-esque plugins (1)
updated DS2DS file transferrer (1)
Update to Zelda DS homebrew (1)
New SSB homebrew and/or update (1)
OpenBOR port (1)
Go board game homebrew (4)
SWF player (2)
Angry Birds homebrew (2)
Cheat DB editor (2)
MIDI chiptune player/emulator (1)

Reactions: Margen67

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sop said:
I'd like a nicer G.U.I and a attempt at making it work in DSi mode.

i don't think either would be possible with just homebrew, but rather the team themselves

aside from a game ive been working on since september (or trying to... school has been taking up most of my time) when i got my dev cart from the team, i was planning on doing a vb* and gb/gbc emu. maybe i should start working on those
wink.gif

*virtualboy

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coreyfrog7 said:
_Chaz_ said:
I want an update (official or not) that allows the GBA emulator to play GB and GBC games.

Whats wrong with lameboy??
Some games such as Pokemon Yellow have sound issues (not sure if that can be fixed like this) and I know of at least one game that gives you bonuses for playing on a GBA. Plus only having one emulator would save on card space.

D

Deleted User

DS Presentation Remote/Windows Media Player Remote/ Internet surfing remote homebrew.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Coreyfrog7 said:
_Chaz_ said:
I want an update (official or not) that allows the GBA emulator to play GB and GBC games.

Whats wrong with lameboy??
Some games such as Pokemon Yellow have sound issues (not sure if that can be fixed like this) and I know of at least one game that gives you bonuses for playing on a GBA. Plus only having one emulator would save on card space.

ive also had sound issues on other games too (especially after turbo mode) - and i for one want to hear the opening "resident evil" sound in gaiden
biggrin.gif

also, ive had graphical glitches too with pokemon crystal during save states if a text box was open. had a couple of slowdown in games as well. other than that lameboy is good, but i think a native dstwo emulator might be better.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A genesis emulator with HORIZONTAL SCALING plz.

And I second a better NES emu. I wanna play Otocky, Punch-out and Noah's Ark on the go! XD (and believe me, noah's ark kicks ASS, it's mario meets megaman.)

AMDS and Lameboy are fine for me, though I'm not AGAINST better ports of emulators for SMS/GG and GB/GBC for the DSTWO.

The game that has special features on GBA is shantae BTW.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sop said:
*virtualboy

Pardon the following language, please.

FUCK YES.

VB is BETTER on emulators (w/red/cyan glasses) than the original console, needs more love and has some GEMS that need playing.

And believe me, the 3D IS cool if you've got glasses (and you can make working ones with just red and blue markers, some clear plastic and a tiny bit of skill
tongue.gif
)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Personally I would like DSTwo 'plugins' that copy DSOrganize features but having each function as a separate 'plugin' instead of an all in one

I'm currently have DSOrganize installed but don't like/want the HB Database / Browser / IRC features

What I'd like would be things like the Calender, Address Book, To Do, Notepad (scribble), TXT editor (not reader) & File manager (cut/copy/rename/paste etc) features instead (Don't really need thing like 'picture viewer' as we have iPlayer/iReader)

Also ideally each one of these 'plugins' have a function to reboot back to the plugin menu.

* The Calender/ToDo/Address Book all could have a special *.dat (or whatever) file so info can be shared between them (Birthdays,Meetings,Anniversary etc)

* The 'File manager' could also 'load' certain files into the required plugin ('open' a txt & the TXT Editor is used, open a BMP and use iReader, open a mp3 & iPlayer is used etc etc - all configurable in a *.cnf file perhaps, open a GBA/GBC/GB/SNE rom & the appropriate emulator is launched)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sop said:
I'd like a nicer G.U.I and a attempt at making it work in DSi mode.

Nicer GUI - There are plenty of nice looking menus out there, just no DS TWO loaders, so you'd have to lose the ROMs.
DSi Mode - I'm guessing that the iCyclo DS or whatever its called just has a special DSi Mode bootloader, so when it gets released, you can be sure all companies will try to clone it for their cards

Evo.lve said:
I'd like a file manager that lets you wirelessly transfer files from your computer.

It might not be possible, but it would be cool

DS FTP does that already, for any card, no special SDK necessary.

QUOTE(diando @ Dec 21 2010, 04:06 AM)
DS Presentation Remote/Windows Media Player Remote/ Internet surfing remote homebrew.

http://wkjeldsen.dk/rtds/ - Again, works with any card, no special SDK necessary.

If you are gonna request stuff to be made specifically for the SuperCard's enhanced features with its special SDK, request stuff that NEEDS those enhanced features
wink.gif

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Stevetry said:
i would like a version of moonshell that uses the cpu and ram from the dstwo so i can play 24fps videos without running out of resources

Um.... there is already a movie player for the DSTwo, there is no reason for a DSTwo version of moonshell.

can that player play dpg files ? last time i check it cant

i want stable playback not laggy video as most of the time the dstwo player offers dint you see my look into it >?

http://gbatemp.net/t264668-looking-into-the-dstwo-iplayer

DPG4 can have a can go into 30FSP but the ds will run out of resources to make it stable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up