Homebrew request

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CrazyPuzzler, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010

Homebrew request by CrazyPuzzler at 9:32 AM (1,889 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. CrazyPuzzler
    OP

Newcomer CrazyPuzzler Member

Netherlands
    I was wondering if someone could make a DS version of the game Avalanche
    I don't know if it's possible but I think it wouldn't be that hard since it's just a simple game wich is only played by people inhabitated by boredom
    for the people who don't know what avalanche is (wich is probably everyone but me), here's the link of thye original:

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/play/avalanche/

keep in mind I know nothing about programming and stuff, I'm just asking if someone could make a DS version and post a link

2. CrazyPuzzler
    OP

Netherlands
    I was wondering if someone could make a DS version of the game Avalanche
    I don't know if it's possible but I think it wouldn't be that hard since it's just a simple game wich is only played by people inhabitated by boredom
    for the people who don't know what avalanche is (wich is probably everyone but me), here's the link of the original:

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/play/avalanche/

keep in mind I know nothing about programming and stuff, I'm just asking if someone could make a DS version and post a link

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    That's a REALLY low quality (and buggy) rip off of another game where you climb Tetris blocks called Tetris'd.

4. jeremy506

Member jeremy506 Some dude.

Nauru
    Hmm.. I'd say it's possible to make, with some random outputs. 128 instances per session on the DS so.. 127 blocks? (player as 1)

5. CrazyPuzzler
    OP

Netherlands
    I know it's not the best game ever but is there a way to make a DS version of it (even if the player is 1)

6. jeremy506

Member jeremy506 Some dude.

Nauru
    Perhaps something could be arranged..

7. CrazyPuzzler
    OP

Netherlands
    I like the sound of that [​IMG]

8. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Tetris'd, and other game seem like to good games to port... [​IMG]

edit: there is a awesome homebrew that is awesome call bloxavoid in the downloads (file trip) which u should play while u wait. [​IMG]

9. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    http://filetrip.net/f8353-BloxavoiD-0-9.html

10. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    http://wiowao.drunkencoders.com/

No promises though, for when it will be done. But its quite fun to program again so.. In the near future i will probably finish this.
    2D Engine not using sprites. Using fuckin' bitmaps that i load bit for bit O.o Code is a horrible mess xD

Oh well enough bable. Just wanted to make sure this thread didnt get buried in older threads [​IMG]

11. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Looks amusing xD. If anything though I think it would be more appealing to use actual tetris block shapes (I don't care that they are bricks, but raining cubes doesn't really match with the current ideas for names xD...then again, you could just name the homebrew "Raining Cubes"...) rather than cube bricks.

Kind of the only things I'm wondering, but will it have that one thing where if you are next to a block and press a button, he climbs on top of the block? And what are those strange bars on the top (the red and blue one).

12. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Changing graphics to tetris blocks is np ^^ The red and blue bars(hp & mp) are just something i forgot to remove [​IMG] The code was originally for making a 2D sidescroller [​IMG]