Homebrew Homebrew possible only with a chip?

Shebang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am a WII noob: My LEH21... just arrived the other day. Along with a Wasabi DX (wow, they are small!!).

I'd like to play Wiiware games but I have the bad feeling that I need to go through that Zelda-crack-thing-something before I get it. Is there any way around so I can just use the Wasabi to control things?

Thanks for your input

shebang

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, but what if you have 4.0............even with mod, can you still do it.?? I have a drivekey, sitting on my shelf, had to send my softmodded wii in because of fried gpu........they are sending another one (its in transit) Im sure its going to have 4.0 on it. sorry I had the same question except I wanted to specify 4.0 firmware.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. You don't need a modchip for homebrew, so the answer to the question in title is: no.
2. If your Wii is at 4.0 and it didn't have anything homebrew related on it before the update, then the chance to get ANY homebrew running on it is 0. Maybe this changes in the future(bannerbomb). And modchips don't help, because on 4.0 the only burned discs that are accepted are 100% 1:1 copies of retail games.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe it, so you are telling me all my games from homebrew before I sent my system in to nintendo are no good now. that sucks........so whats the point of a modchip if you have to have a 1:1 copy, because then you need a dvd rom that reads the discs, and are getting hard to find, then you would have to get the game, what a waste of time, guess I'll just throw this chip in the trash then .....they should make the things work like homebrew... to bad I had to send it off! thanks, I was going to waste my time installing the thing

Shebang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
my wii came with 4.0 so no homebrew for shebang?
mad.gif
fck

shebang

edit:
beegee7730 said:
just burn a copy of zelda.

I thought you can install HBC only with an original?

shebang

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
afnuke said:
I dont believe it, so you are telling me all my games from homebrew before I sent my system in to nintendo are no good now. that sucks........so whats the point of a modchip if you have to have a 1:1 copy, because then you need a dvd rom that reads the discs, and are getting hard to find, then you would have to get the game, what a waste of time, guess I'll just throw this chip in the trash then .....they should make the things work like homebrew... to bad I had to send it off! thanks, I was going to waste my time installing the thing

???
What do you think is a 1:1 copy? On 4.0 you can play backups with a modchip, but all discs that are altered in any way(brickblock, region patches, trucha signed in general) won't work.

Krayce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no way to add homebrew at all? What about the .iso file that is provided at the Homebrew Official page?

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were on 3.2 that might work. But if you're on 4.0 there's no way to install the HBC, even with a chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"