Hacking Homebrew on G6 Real?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I prefer the moonshell based GUis (eg. R4). I think they look more organized, and I like how the R4 displays the information box just like the DS firmware is meant to. Maybe because I've gotten used to it.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they will keep to their word because DLDI is so important right now. Just the lack of one before the release had everyone angry. There is no way the G6 team will be dumb enough to not release one. They have been on the scene long enough to know this.

Also, remember that the N-Card that you love so much did not have DLDI for a very long time, when it was first released, it only had read support, no write support. If both carts are judged on an equal scale, the G6DS Real has a lot of time before they need to release their DLDI patch.

Its true that the N-Card didn't have DLDI for a while. However, not only does it have DLDI. It is the first flash cart ever to support AUTOMATIC patching. Not to mention that they never promised it. The G6 team promised DLDI for the G6 Lite and what did we get? Nothing. We had to rely on a unoffical patch.

QUOTE said:
Anyway, The G6 Real looks like it will be the best, but I just won't buy it until they release a DLDI patch. Its cool though, I've waited for a long time to replace my GBAMP, some more time won't hurt.
I doubt it'll be the best. From what I know. This how I would rank the flash carts.

1st Tier (The best)
---------------------
Cyclo DS
EZFlash V (w/ Expansion Pack)

2nd Tier (Really good)
---------------------
R4
M3 Simply
N-Card

3rd Tier (Good)
--------------------
G6DS (Until DLDI Patch comes out)
EZFlash V (w/ Expansion Pack it would be in the 1st Tier)
Supercard One

4th Tier (Decent)
-------------------
Everything else.

Yeah...and like your opinion really matters. *rolls eyes*

Do you even have any other carts besides a clone?

Lol...you put the N-Card before the DSOne. Yeah, we should all really take your so-called "opinion" into consideration.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
1st Tier (The best)
---------------------
Cyclo DS

rolleyes.gif
wait wut?!?!?
ohmy.gif
mellow.gif
huh.gif
blink.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

o man!!! that made me laugh SO hard!!!

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when I wrote that alot of features that were out now weren't out. Now it would be in the same tier as N-Card.

I was bit too hard on you King, and I apologize. But seriously, the G6 Real really is a great cart. The G6 Team might not be showing it very much support right now, but I think that's because they're busy with the upcoming release of the 16G model. I could be wrong though, and they're just being a bunch asses and not supporting this cart. Which I really hope is not the case.

But...I love the clones. The R4 was my very first slot 1. And I wasn't very happy with it. And I got my girlfriend a DS-Linker, and I saw how great it was(because to me, being able to play every single game at full speed without a specific microsd card, is excellent), so I ordered a 16G model myself.`

And I just started using my DS-Linker again because it FINALLY got soft reset. A feature I really wanted, and was using my other carts for. And once it gets cheats, I think these clones will finally have enough features that they could make it into your top1 tier. I'm always sticking up for these clones on BlackCats and Gamefaqs, since everyone(and I mean EVERYONE) are R4 fans on those sites. So I definitely love these clones.

But after using the G6 Real, I know, at least my opinion, that it is better than the clones. Not having DLDI support is hurting the cart. But it has many features that the clones do not have. And it also runs every game flawlessly at full speed just like the clones, because of that internal high speed NAND memory.

So, since it has so many more features than the clones, plus a better looking GUI(in my opinion), I think it should be in your second tier. And once it gets its DLDI auto patcher(if it ever does), it will be up in the top tier along with the Evolution. Because in my opinion, the G6 Real and the CycloDS Evolution are the current two top slot 1 carts. But the Evo beats it out because of the perfect download play, and the DLDI auto patcher. But once, or if, the G6 Real gets these two features, it will be right up there with the Evo.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. I guess I was being too hard on it as well. Mainly because its competition to the might N-Card! Heh.. yeah, it will be in the same tier as the N-Card. Unless it never gets support, then it drops back down anyway.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
1st Tier (The best)
---------------------
Cyclo DS
EZFlash V (w/ Expansion Pack)

2nd Tier (Really good)
---------------------
R4
M3 Simply
N-Card

3rd Tier (Good)
--------------------
G6DS (Until DLDI Patch comes out)
EZFlash V (w/ Expansion Pack it would be in the 1st Tier)
Supercard One

4th Tier (Decent)
-------------------
Everything else.

KINGOFNOOBS I guess it's about time to edit your post

Look here first http://www.gba-nds.com/index.php

rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol