Hacking Homebrew on G6 Real?

SuperDinoYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen threads of people talking about new firmware updates for this only recently release cart, but I remember when the first one was released there was no DLDI driver out. Is that still the case? And if so, is there anyway to run homebrew on one of these at all?

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The N-Card has the ease of use of a R4, heck its even easier really. Not to mention that it plays Brother in Arms like a champ.

Basically the N-Card does everything the G6 Real does + homebrew.

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i may. What homebrew is there that you're so hyped up about defending. I did some serious looking around, and not surprisingly, nothing came up with a least bit of interest to me...

R4, seems to have a lota of complaints regarding the quality of the cart, spring problems, and random tidbits. The only thing that popped up with the G6 is the thickness issue. Which was defective in fifths review. and reduced during pharoahs review.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i doubt the thickness will be a common problem, especially when new batches are produced (assuming if there is a problem they fix the moulds) etc.

I'm considering buying a N-card clone (MK5), But i'm also drawn to the G6 real. the problem is, there has been no mention of the 2gb version. If they don't release the 2gb version within a month i'm getting the MK5.

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah. the fit doesn't look like it'll actually turn into a problem so i wouldn't worry about it.

alternatively, you can just get the 1gig for now, and when the 2gig model comes out, you can get it and sell off / give away the 1gig as a birthday present or something. thats prolly what i'm going to do. Besides. 1gig is plenty
biggrin.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow jeez Kingofnoobs, must you bash the G6DS Real everywhere? +homebrew is your only point... Homebrew WILL BE RELEASED, get that in your head please! Also, the G6DS Real is way better than the N-Card, I have both and I can honestly say, once the DLDI patch is released, it will be a clear winner.

How am I bashing the G6DS? Stop saying "homebrew will be released blah blah" they said that about the G6 Lite and homebrew never came. Besides, you have to rate it on what you have now, not what you might get. You don't buy a computer because it "might" work. You buy a computer because it will work and suit your needs.

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bashing is the only thing you can call what your doing. Almost any thread concerning the G6 has you jump in there to bash download play and DLDI drivers.
why dont you tell us which homebrews you're so die hard for king. the team has said they're are making a DLDI patch and v2.0 fixing DL play for mariokart so who says they cant continute that trend.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow jeez Kingofnoobs, must you bash the G6DS Real everywhere? +homebrew is your only point... Homebrew WILL BE RELEASED, get that in your head please! Also, the G6DS Real is way better than the N-Card, I have both and I can honestly say, once the DLDI patch is released, it will be a clear winner.

How am I bashing the G6DS? Stop saying "homebrew will be released blah blah" they said that about the G6 Lite and homebrew never came. Besides, you have to rate it on what you have now, not what you might get. You don't buy a computer because it "might" work. You buy a computer because it will work and suit your needs.

@KINGOFNOOBS.RE:G6 Lite Homebrew.Umm as a matter of fact last time I looked Homebrew work about 90%or 95% of the time when I launched it on my DS...All I had to do was rename the end extensions filenames to .ds.gba Oh yeah when I see reviews regarding the G6 Lite Homebrew Support it say poor! But I know that most of the Homebrew Games/Apps have worked for me...

QUOTE(ProjectVirtue @ Jun 8 2007, 09:19 AM)Bashing is the only thing you can call what your doing. Almost any thread concerning the G6 has you jump in there to bash download play and DLDI drivers.
why dont you tell us which homebrews you're so die hard for king. the team has said they're are making a DLDI patch and v2.0 fixing DL play for mariokart so who says they cant continute that trend.
@ProjectVirtue -Thanks..That cleared enough stuff up for him...
@KINGOFNOOBS -Umm can you tell everyone the Homebrew Games/Apps that you are dieing for?

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KINGOFNOOBS.RE:G6 Lite Homebrew.Umm as a matter of fact last time I looked Homebrew work about 90%or 95% of the time when I launched it on my DS...All I had to do was rename the end extensions filenames to .ds.gba Oh yeah when I see reviews regarding the G6 Lite Homebrew Support it say poor! But I know that most of the Homebrew Games/Apps have worked for me...
Well, 90-95% of homebrew require no DLDI patching at all, so the G6 Real should have that level of support already unless there's some other incompatibility that I haven't heard about.

As for the remaining homebrew that does a require DLDI patch. Those will work on a G6 Lite, too, but with no thanks at all to the G6 Team. They never released a DLDI patch themselves nor did they release the proper source code despite promising to do so repeatedly. The existing DLDI patch for the G6 slot-2 carts was reverse engineered by an excellent coder named viruseb.

QUOTE said:
@KINGOFNOOBS -Umm can you tell everyone the Homebrew Games/Apps that you are dieing for?
I won't speak for KingOfNoobs, but I myself would certainly not buy a flash kit that doesn't have good homebrew support including an available DLDI file with full read and write support. Like I said, most homebrew doesn't require DLDI patching, so I won't mention all the homebrew games and emulators I like, but just the ones that need a DLDI patch. AmplituDS, LemmingsDS, DSOrganize, BlipTracker, Phidias, lmp-ng, SNEmulDS, DSMasterPlus, SCUMMVM DS. There are also some games that will work fine without DLDI, but can't save, such as SpoutDS.

Just because you're only interested in the DS for piracy, doean't mean the same is true of all people. I wouldn't have bought a DS at all in the first place if it didn't have such a strong homebrew scene.

...word is bondage...

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bashing is the only thing you can call what your doing. Almost any thread concerning the G6 has you jump in there to bash download play and DLDI drivers.

Alot of companies say alot of things. Doesn't mean they are true though. As far as the G6DS is concerned, it will never have a DLDI patch until one actually comes out. They can say whatever they want, doesn't mean they will do it. The WiiKey team promised updates, the DS-X promised more updates, what do these have in common? They didn't do what they were promising.

SuperDinoYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
it will never have a DLDI patch until one actually comes out
lol, thats an ingenious statement....

Anyway, The G6 Real looks like it will be the best, but I just won't buy it until they release a DLDI patch. Its cool though, I've waited for a long time to replace my GBAMP, some more time won't hurt.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they will keep to their word because DLDI is so important right now.  Just the lack of one before the release had everyone angry.  There is no way the G6 team will be dumb enough to not release one.  They have been on the scene long enough to know this.

Also, remember that the N-Card that you love so much did not have DLDI for a very long time, when it was first released, it only had read support, no write support.  If both carts are judged on an equal scale, the G6DS Real has a lot of time before they need to release their DLDI patch.

Its true that the N-Card didn't have DLDI for a while. However, not only does it have DLDI. It is the first flash cart ever to support AUTOMATIC patching. Not to mention that they never promised it. The G6 team promised DLDI for the G6 Lite and what did we get? Nothing. We had to rely on a unoffical patch.

QUOTEAnyway, The G6 Real looks like it will be the best, but I just won't buy it until they release a DLDI patch. Its cool though, I've waited for a long time to replace my GBAMP, some more time won't hurt.
I doubt it'll be the best. From what I know. This how I would rank the flash carts.

1st Tier (The best)
---------------------
Cyclo DS
EZFlash V (w/ Expansion Pack)

2nd Tier (Really good)
---------------------
R4
M3 Simply
N-Card

3rd Tier (Good)
--------------------
G6DS (Until DLDI Patch comes out)
EZFlash V (w/ Expansion Pack it would be in the 1st Tier)
Supercard One

4th Tier (Decent)
-------------------
Everything else.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not very sure how you ranked these, but no arguments yet except that the CycloDS hasn't been confirmed by anybody. We're just riding on the claims of TeamCyclops for now.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not very sure how you ranked these, but no arguments yet except that the CycloDS hasn't been confirmed by anybody. We're just riding on the claims of TeamCyclops for now.
Well, we have to trust them now won't we? Besides, if everyone is going to presume that the G6DS is going to get DLDI because they said it would. Then its fair to say that the Cyclo DS will be the best flash cart since it has pretty much features from all of them combined. It has the N-Cards nice menu, R4's ease of use, G6DS's download play (Even better), etc etc.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But the difference is that GBalpha is a respected developer in the DS community, whereas the Cyclo team have been known to clone other cards (ie. Supercard) for their DS products. Most reviews should be getting samples next week - so we'll have to wait till then.

Wait, N-card has a nice menu now? You mean the xmenu thing?

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But the difference is that GBalpha is a respected developer in the DS community, whereas the Cyclo team have been known to clone other cards (ie. Supercard) for their DS products. Most reviews should be getting samples next week - so we'll have to wait till then.

Wait, N-card has a nice menu now? You mean the xmenu thing?
Yeah, the xMenu is pretty nice. Even though I still think that the DS-X has the best interface, but thats just me.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rofl2.gif
Take the word of any one that has no qualms about region locking their devices for the simple purpose of making $5 extra off english speaking people on top of the fact shipping is extra, too...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc