Homebrew & NDS Emulation?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LWares87, Nov 6, 2013.

1. LWares87
    OP

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    I've been curious about this for some time and i was wondering...

How do you use homebrew with a NDS Emulator (e.g. DeSmuME), as like you would with a flashcard on an actual NDS?

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    It is possible, but keep in mind it will be even more CPU intensive to run emulators in an emulator.

You need to configure Slot 2 as an MPCF Flash Card Device and "use the path of the loaded ROM" needs to be checked. Just make sure that the emulator/app being used is set up in a similar fashion it would be on a flashcard (folder structure). From there, load the emulator (which has the .nds file name like a ROM would). :P

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    On the config menu are options for slot 1 and slot 2
    Should contain options to allow a lot of things, most of it fairly obvious.
    There have been other builds aimed at emulation of flash carts and devices but I am not sure if half of them were public and it probably makes little difference here anyway.

Before that there was a DLDI patch method called FCSR that allowed you make a FAT image and append it to the game with the appropriate DLDI and have the game think it is reading from a SD card. Modern desmume should render most of that less useful though.

4. LWares87
    OP

Oct 19, 2008
    thank you.

i suppose, it would be best not to do this (unless you have a computer or laptop with decent specifications).

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

No one said you can't try, just giving you a bit of a warning as it is more CPU intensive :P

6. LWares87
    OP

Oct 19, 2008
    fair enough... lol