1. XBzombieMan1337

OP XBzombieMan1337 Console modder at heart.

United States
    Hello GBAtemp community, so I have kind of an odd situation. Recently, I was using my 3DS doing some modded things and my SD card ended up getting corrupted near completely. 10 months prior, I created an entire backup of my 3DS SD cards files. So I copied those files over to my SD card (cause you cannot boot with out CFW files on the SD card) and my 3DS loaded up, and things are missing...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, I still have the TWiLight Menu++ channel (a DS title) but all my 3DS modded channels are gone including the Homebrew channel. I CAN still access the luma menu through the button combo (which I how I took this screenshot) so luma CFW is still present, but I have no way to access the Homebrew channel. And YES, I tried setting a default app through luma as the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew DID load but whenever I attempted to load something (such as FBI) from the app it would freeze and I'd have to hard reset my 3DS.

So how can I get the Homebrew Channel back on my 3DS? As I cannot find a way get it installed, with what I have.

NOTE: When I booted my 3DS up the first time after copying the files, it gave me a message saying 'Creating Home Menu Data' or something along those lines.

2. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
  3. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    And do the ctrnand boot.firm copy. it allows you to boot without sd card. its a very easy step to get done.

4. XBzombieMan1337

United States
    @fmkid @lone_wolf323

Thanks guys, got homebrew back on my 3DS an now can start the restoration process. Thank you very much!

alexander1970, fmkid and lone_wolf323 like this.
  5. dwain12435

dwain12435 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you have this problem and you don't want to re-download everything, first make sure your "Nintendo 3DS" folder was copied properly. Then, if your titles are still missing, you can go to GodMode9 (accessed by holding the "Start" button during boot on the new method) and search for titles on drive [A:]. You can then Build CIAs of the missing titles and install them with FBI. If you cannot access FBI, then use the built-in GodMode9 script to Inject FBI to H&S. If this doesn't work, then you will have to re-download everything.

6. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    You realize that doing that will overwrite any savefile for said game. And, that wasnt even what was asked here. What was asked was homebrew launcher .3dsx file was missing.

7. dwain12435

United States
    He said that his Homebrew Launcher channel was missing, which implies that the launcher's ticket was missing or the CIA file itself was missing. If the boot.3dsx file was missing, then the Homebrew Launcher would still be there, but it would show an error message upon launch. (Also, following these steps would not erase the game data because the apps are already missing, so FBI would see it as a new install and wouldn't erase the save data.)

Last edited by dwain12435, Aug 21, 2020
  8. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    Problem was solved already... Then, why to answer it again, and with another intrincated methods?

9. dwain12435

United States
    I was attempting to give him a way to re-install everything without having to re-download everything.

10. XBzombieMan1337

United States
    Just to clarify, I DO believe that the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder was not copied properly. Leading to PART of this issue, but it's resolved so this thread is solved.

yuyuyup likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - corruption, restoring, Homebrew