Homebrew Homebrew installation and Gecko OS with only usb drive

Shatterer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, i used to play and hack in games like mw3 and black ops through homebrew and Gecko OS. i did it all through an SD card. Since then, my sd card slot has been broken so it will not read anything, and as well, homebrew and all the applications it included have been removed from the wii. I have failed to find anyone with this particular problem in an extensive search so far so im hoping to get answers here. My real question is: is it possible to reinstall HBC through ONLY my usb drive, and then get an application in homebrew in which i can run cheats for games such as Mw3? Initially when my slot broke, i thought i could just keep playing like i always did, by loading the cheats i wanted onto a USB and loading them through Gecko OS there. It turns out gecko will not read any cheats from the USB slot, only SD. To sum that up, can i:
1: install the homebrew channel through my usb drive alone
2:get an application within homebrew that will run and read cheats through the usb drive alone

Any info will be useful, as ive found that replacing the SD card reader inside the wii is extremely difficult. Thanks

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate to say it, but there are no exploits that work without a sd card. I've checked all the guides and they all need an sd card.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, as _acid_ said there's currently no way to install the homebrew channel without an SD card, which is why the Wii Minis are unhackable. You're out of luck with your current Wii :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC? +1