Homebrew Homebrew Forwarder ISO's

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was requested by PM to make yet few splashes for new homebrew.. So here is WiiMC, SaveGame Manager GX and two DS emulators:
ohl9b9.png

25fkmcm.png

24bth69.png

vgu6o0.png

BJx1994, enjoy..
smile.gif

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
thrashman said:
Can someone please make a forwarder for WIIMC
Can you please stop asking everywhere, and do it yourself? It's really easy, and it's way faster than annyoing everyone and waiting until someone does it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187806

He's probably asking because, although its really easy, the ISO produced doesn't work
wink.gif

@thrashman
If all else fails - install the channel forwarder and create an ISO forwarder to the channel
smile.gif

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
thrashman said:
I might try that later thanks

Try this one (updated as below)

Install the Official Channel forwarder

Enter the MAC address of your server and it will produce an ISO forwarder that will wake your server and then load the Channel
yaywii.gif

(providing that you have Wake-On-Lan correctly set up on your server that is)
tongue.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to create one that isnt WOL?

I just tried click cancel on "enter mac address" it made the iso anyway, added is to my WBFS partition and it resets my wii.

I didnt expect it to work, but its there a way to make it work?

Also WiiTDB doesnt have any art for it
frown.gif

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
KiiWii said:

I just tried click cancel on "enter mac address" it made the iso anyway, added is to my WBFS partition and it resets my wii.

frown.gif

Cunning plan - shame you didn't think to just make up a MAC address
rofl.gif

Just enter any MAC address in the format shown (that will produce an ISO which has a valid format MAC address)

Your method resets the Wii because the MAC address format is invalid (zero length)
wink.gif

Run the ISO (with valid MAC address format) - It simply sends a magic packet to wake the specified machine - it does not know that there is no machine with that MAC address on your network.

As you have discovered - the error checks were removed, which means it sends the packet then starts WiiMC. If the MAC address does not exist it will still continue and start WiiMC

Or another way to put it is, any MAC address will produce a working ISO forwarder for the channel 'WIMC' providing it is of the correct format (as shown in the example when you run it) - with the added bonus that, if the MAC address actually belongs to your server it will wake it before loading WiiMC
yay.gif

It also spits out a file called covers.zip in the folder you run it from - not fantastic but 3 covers for 'starters'
wink.gif

Also don't forget that all these ISO forwarders need to be loaded with IOS 222/223 - later version of usb loaders can't load them with 249 or 250

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
KiiWii said:

frown.gif

The more I think about it, that's not a bad idea - I'll put one up later that works that way
smile.gif

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the isos on the front code dump for me

i have the apps in the right place

tried both usb and sd

when it code dump its says this

libpng: ignoring bad filter
then goes to home brew channel

what am i doing wrong

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
afaik, u have to launch them using IOS222v4 or v5

I am heremes version 5

still says the same thing tryed playing the the video setting still no dice

at the end of all that

it says invalid data check or something i cna barely catch it because then it goes into homebrew channel

anything else i can be doing wrong

Hoody123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a NTSC game on a pal wii and wen I make my channel its black and white how do i use the region override feature and language because its greyed out?

Thanks.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heeeeeelp, forwarder iso's not working for internet channel and mii channel on a new 4.2 wii i just setup. the same forwarders and wad files i have on my 4.1 wii that work just fine. why when launching these it just goes back to wiiflow? wtf.

Excitedguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, having quite an issue. I have my wii setup to load everything off of the latest USB Loader GX and have hermes CIOS rev4 222 and 223 installed and rev5 202. I have CIOS 249 rev17 installed as well. But with all these forwarders, when I try to run any of them, it gives me a code dump screen and reloads in 5 seconds somehow back to the homebrew channel even though I launched from the USB Loader GX. I put all my apps on the usb drive and made sure the paths were correct, I have tried loading the forwarders with both 222 and 223 and even tried different bases for each CIOS and both rev4 and rev5 with no luck, can someone please tell me what is wrong?

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excitedguy said:
Hi there, having quite an issue. I have my wii setup to load everything off of the latest USB Loader GX and have hermes CIOS rev4 222 and 223 installed and rev5 202. I have CIOS 249 rev17 installed as well. But with all these forwarders, when I try to run any of them, it gives me a code dump screen and reloads in 5 seconds somehow back to the homebrew channel even though I launched from the USB Loader GX. I put all my apps on the usb drive and made sure the paths were correct, I have tried loading the forwarders with both 222 and 223 and even tried different bases for each CIOS and both rev4 and rev5 with no luck, can someone please tell me what is wrong?

Try using wiiflow 2.0 build and use the 222 version. If usbloadergx has a 222 compiled version use it and see. The forwarder iso's will not work under ios249 comiled usblaunchers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?