MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are you resetting all channels in initSfx?
Another issue is that if you are starting new sounds close together quickly - for instance multiple sounds are started per frame then you can run into issues with this approach. The current nds implementation runs a thread in the background to update the status of each channel. I suspect the issue is that you are stopping a sound just as it is starting. If you try to start a channel and immediately check to see if it is playing the it will return false. You can either keep track of the play time your self ( and will know when it should finish) or you can keep track of the channel you start on last time and start with the next channel.
I though of this too, but I never start sounds during the same frame (not the same sfx, and the others use a diffrent channel space). So even though I will have to fix that at some point it shouldn't be the cause of the problem right now.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though of this too, but I never start sounds during the same frame (not the same sfx, and the others use a diffrent channel space). So even though I will have to fix that at some point it shouldn't be the cause of the problem right now.
What about the fact that you are resetting all channels in initSfx? Are they all the same rate and sample size?

Reactions: MRJPGames

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
What about the fact that you are resetting all channels in initSfx? Are they all the same rate and sample size?
Well as you can probably see a sound FX is an object which in the current confguration has one source file, so yes they do all have the same rate and sample size because they're the same sound. Removing the reset did not change anything, but maybe the rate and sample size are not fully compatible with dsp and it's choosing the closest one but that might result in the crackling noise, I will experiment with this.

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Got something I discovered. SmileHax maybe? Don't get your dreams all hyped up yet, but I was able to duplicate a vulnerability in the application so I can crash it anytime. No promises if I'll continue working on this.

-Wzjian-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How to set up the compiler under on the window?You are all under which operating system development?i Using compiler under “ VSC++2013” onto window,but i cant “make ” in VS2013,How do I build?

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How to set up the compiler under on the window?You are all under which operating system development?i Using compiler under “ VSC++2013” onto window,but i cant “make ” in VS2013,How do I build?

If you just want to compile an already written program there is no need to set up a complex and heavy IDE like VS2013, it is just an extreme overkill.

On windows you can just install devkitpro (search for it on google) it will automate the enviroment setting. Once you've finished that you can just open a terminal window, navigate to the location of your makefile and type "make"

-Wzjian-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you just want to compile an already written program there is no need to set up a complex and heavy IDE like VS2013, it is just an extreme overkill.

On windows you can just install devkitpro (search for it on google) it will automate the enviroment setting. Once you've finished that you can just open a terminal window, navigate to the location of your makefile and type "make"
i need ide,i want to learn to develop.So please help me.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need ide,i want to learn to develop.So please help me.
Even if you use an IDE, it will just work like an editor so you won't get to use the debugging features and other fancy things. I recommend learning to program for windows, it will save you time and prevent headaches. After you've gained some experience you can move on to the 3DS.

-Wzjian-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Even if you use an IDE, it will just work like an editor so you won't get to use the debugging features and other fancy things. I recommend learning to program for windows, it will save you time and prevent headaches. After you've gained some experience you can move on to the 3DS.
That is to say, the IDE can 't was was debugging? I "l l point C and C + +. I haven't tried other platform development, is a little strange, Thank you.

zes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this thread is OK for arm9 development, please let me know if doesn't belong here.

I have a function to clear the top screen in an a9lh bin, just uses a memset to clear it directly:

Code:
void clear_main_lcd(void)
{
     memset(fb->top_left, 0, 0x46500);
}

It works, but you can see it progress from left to right, not so clean. Anybody have code to use double buffering in an a9lh bin, so I can zero the memory in a buffer and then flip it to what the LCD uses in a fast way so it looks clean?

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the place to ask this question But...
I have an o3ds, with the latest firmware. I've had a lot of experience with installing the Homebrew launcher and tried today. Apparently you can boot to it with 11.0.33, But whenever I try scanning the QR code, the system gets and error and restarts. I'm stumped. I've tried inserting the boot file and the starter pack again, wiping all traces of the launcher off my SD, and even waiting it out. (Cause it just hangs on a frozen screen sometimes)

Any words of wisdom?

(Edit: I'm a dumbutt. I just saw that Ninjhax is still being worked on as of now. Sorry about this. )

Last edited by MochaMilk,

delsky

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
thanks to CurryGuy's example (https://github.com/CurryGuy/ndsp-example/blob/master/source/main.cpp) and some modifications, I was able to play a wave file. Now I want to stream it to handle larger one. I have a problem with buffer refilling, it seems that the first one doesn't get updated. Could someone try to check why ? https://github.com/suonso/ndsp-wave-file-test/blob/master/source/main.cpp
Thanks.

Edit: I fix my problem thanks to Cruel's (thanks a lot) cpp3ds (https://github.com/cpp3ds/cpp3ds/bl...791103e28af4f/src/cpp3ds/Audio/Sound.cpp#L187) and by correcltly point to half of buffer memory.

Last edited by delsky,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the DSTWO working with forwarders, so I'm gonna need help here.
With devkitPro, How would I use strcpy to copy a rom path from a RAM offset (where the hb .nds file is loaded) to an ini file?

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to get the DSTWO working with forwarders, so I'm gonna need help here.
With devkitPro, How would I use strcpy to copy a rom path from a RAM offset (where the hb .nds file is loaded) to an ini file?

There are different ways to do this but not involving strcpy. Is there a particular reason in having to use strcpy?

Anyway you can load the content of that offset into a char* and then write it to a file using streams or the equivalent C method

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When compiling freetype,

configure: error: cannot find native C compiler
make[1]: *** [setup] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/c/devkitPro/3ds_portlibs/freetype-2.5.4'
make: *** [freetype] Error 2

Fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol