Homebrew Homebrew Development

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now you understand why i didn't buy a gateway ?(here we have two ways, or buy with high price(225 ~~ 300), or buy in sites 80USD + Taxes). hahaha, because this, i did worked on my CFW, to dev my homebrews, but i have some problems while dev the CFW, so i stopped and i am working on homebrews :P

And relax and enjoy, do not need buy a gateway, i will find a solution to this problem ^^, thank you !.

As you wish, the offer still stand if you need it.
Anyway I hope we'll see some more of your emulator soon as it seems very promising :lol:

Reactions: st4rk

seagal112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone else have problems with pointers? every time I use a pointer on my code the app I am compiling doesnt work.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
A little progress preview.

WkxDSXS.jpg

MMC1 working, speed up(playble, but not fullspeed, i am working with it now).

Next step is multi-rom.

Special Thanks for my friends test and send me pictures :]

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zuaj8nfjyeonivx/FCRamDump.rar

Contains two Launchers, one for GW and one for Waffles Loader, dumps the whole FCRAM to SDCard, might take a few tries to boot.
Needs about 30 Minutes for the entire dump.

This might be a silly question, but how will I know if it boots? Whenever I run it, my 3DS just shows the status bar on top with nothing else on the screen. Will some sort of message pop up either before or after the process? I have tried several times so far, but I do not have any dumps on the SD card yet. I am using the Gateway version.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if i remember right it has some text output ^^

As for libgcc, when your working in gw usermode i don't see a good reason why you wouldnt include an implementation of newlib+libgcc.
Heck porting pretty much everything should be close to trivial

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
add -nostdlib -L<path to libgcc.a> to your linker options to override the default library path of devkitpro.

Thank you man :]

Progress :]

I tested some games, Kirby, Mega Man 2 and Super Mario Bros, Super Mario worked fine, Mega Man 2 playable, Kirby Playable too, have games with a bit of lag and others working good, this version have frameskip.

Joypad is working fine too, the next version i will work on Audio and more optimizations.

Here a video(without good joypad and some optimization) from Mario :]

Reactions: Idaho and Gadorach

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank you man :]

Progress :]

I tested some games, Kirby, Mega Man 2 and Super Mario Bros, Super Mario worked fine, Mega Man 2 playable, Kirby Playable too, have games with a bit of lag and others working good, this version have frameskip.

Joypad is working fine too, the next version i will work on Audio and more optimizations.

Here a video(without good joypad and some optimization) from Mario :]

Mario aka jump (into a pipe repeatedly) man :lol:
But cool job nice to see it progressing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can help with Wiki.
currently it has only two (and outdated) pages for 3DS homebrew because I didn't had time to update them and follow this thread, and because nobody else is editing it.

I agree that posting all homebrew in the same thread is hard to follow what's being done, what's being released, which format (.dat, .bin, .elf or .3ds), etc.
Having individual threads will help, but it will also be buried in the 3DS flashcart's noob questions. Maybe a real Homebrew section to post only homebrew worked on projects would provide a better overview.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can help with Wiki.
currently it has only two (and outdated) pages for 3DS homebrew because I didn't had time to update them and follow this thread, and because nobody else is editing it.

I agree that posting all homebrew in the same thread is hard to follow what's being done, what's being released, which format (.dat, .bin, .elf or .3ds), etc.
Having individual threads will help, but it will also be buried in the 3DS flashcart's noob questions. Maybe a real Homebrew section to post only homebrew worked on projects would provide a better overview.

I think a separate section would be good, but maybe the homebrew should be posted on 3dbrew. Just as on the wiibrew wiki.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Might just be an idea to have a hacking and homebrew sub forum separate from all the flashcard stuff, so then each release can have it's own thread instead of being buried in a single thread

Would also help keep the useful for devs chat clean from all the "wow nice progress" etc etc posts, so then people looking to make new homebrew can find relevant info faster.....(sorry for contributing to the clog)

Reactions: Gericom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv