Homebrew Homebrew Development

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's a SD card's sector & file system library. (mount/read/write sectors, files and folders to 3DS's SD card).

By itself it's not useful. It needs to be included in other projects to access SD card's content.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I realized that, but you saying it would be the basis for a Homebrew launcher makes it home-menu worthy.
Wouldn't it be better to just install everything to the menu? Although a small launcher would be neat for quickly loading tests and non-release builds, I suppose.

Reactions: NEP

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Although a small launcher would be neat for quickly loading tests and non-release builds, I suppose.

This. And if we want one installed on the main menu, we can do what we did on the wii and create custom WAD's to install.

Right, Github provides source codes and you ever need a description of "this does that"? Please...

My new Proof of Concept (It might hang on the first boot or so, just try again):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zq4uwqgtcc6sc6q/Launcher.dat

Yeah that's Github. And I'm being called the "n00b".

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Kane, what sort of SD are you testing with? The one that came with my 3DS(2GB Toshiba) initializes but doesn't seem to read right. Another SD I have(1GB Lexar) won't even initialize.

I've attached a pic of what reading the first sector of the 2GB one looks like. Left is from my PC, right is from my 3DS. I've blurred the odd bits of the 3DS one as I have no clue what they could be. But as you can see, only the last two bytes match up.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 468

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've attached a pic of what reading the first sector of the 2GB one looks like. Left is from my PC, right is from my 3DS. I've blurred the odd bits of the 3DS one as I have no clue what they could be. But as you can see, only the last two bytes match up.

I cant say whats happening on the other card but the one where you posted the screenshots:
Your PC is reading sector 1 (or higher) while the 3DS is reading sector 0 ^^

To get another SDCard to work try changing the SWIDelay modifier

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That would be a bit difficult, because the PICA200 has no hardware decoder, so you need to do it completely in software. Not that there is no software decoder, but i think that's to much for the hardware, if you use h.264 for example. MPEG2, sure, but then you have shitty quality and really big files on your SD card.

Carl Rivest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be a bit difficult, because the PICA200 has no hardware decoder, so you need to do it completely in software. Not that there is no software decoder, but i think that's to much for the hardware, if you use h.264 for example. MPEG2, sure, but then you have shitty quality and really big files on your SD card.

maybe there is a way to use the embedded video player on the system software and remove the 10min limit then? because a was thinking there was a video decoder because the camera and the video player...

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I cant say whats happening on the other card but the one where you posted the screenshots:
Your PC is reading sector 1 (or higher) while the 3DS is reading sector 0 ^^

To get another SDCard to work try changing the SWIDelay modifier

It's definitely sector 0. Look at 0x36, it has the bytes that PFF looks for to know there's a valid filesystem there(0x4146). But on my 3DS, that spot just reads as all 0's. PFF keeps returning "FR_NO_FILESYSTEM" when I try to mount it.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's definitely sector 0. Look at 0x36, it has the bytes that PFF looks for to know there's a valid filesystem there(0x4146). But on my 3DS, that spot just reads as all 0's. PFF keeps returning "FR_NO_FILESYSTEM" when I try to mount it.

1. Thats definitely not sector 0, Sector 0 is the MBR,
2. Does your linker script have a heap section ?

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maybe there is a way to use the embedded video player on the system software and remove the 10min limit then?
Sure, if you have a way to boot a firmware, disable signature checks and patch the apps.

because a was thinking there was a video decoder because the camera and the video player...
They all use MPEG2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?