Homebrew Homebrew Development

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to run any of the launchers you guys have made. I installed feircewaffles rop loader but it's not running anything. It just says an error has occurred and reboots the system

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for someone that would create a simple menu that would list homebrew on the sd card, then load the homebrew? That way one would not have to constantly switch launcher.dat files...

Reactions: Snailface

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I can't seem to run any of the launchers you guys have made. I installed feircewaffles rop loader but it's not running anything. It just says an error has occurred and reboots the system
This is what happened to me the first time I tried his loader. Had to reformat 3ds then it worked.
It just doesn't seem to work for some people though.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK. (Cuts out "Signature swag'd by the Staff. ARCEUS WAZ HERE TOO. Check your bricked Gateway for details.")
The max height for sig images is 150 pixels, you know.
Would it be possible for someone that would create a simple menu that would list homebrew on the sd card, then load the homebrew? That way one would not have to constantly switch launcher.dat files...
That would be awesome to have, but it requires SD access and fat32 support, so it may take a bit longer. I'm sure it'll arrive soon enough though.

Also, one thing to note is apparently Smealum's thing is usermode only. That's probably also why he released it; you can't use it as a rom loader if it doesn't have kernel access.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happened to me the first time I tried his loader. Had to reformat 3ds then it worked.
It just doesn't seem to work for some people though.

Alright, I'm about to format mine. I figured it bricked my ds mode. I hope formatting works.

EDIT: still not working. It didn't brick my dsmode this time. I wish i could try this out :/

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ron-paul.gif

This is really exciting, now it's just a matter of time until we get emulators and other homebrew working.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what happened to me the first time I tried his loader. Had to reformat 3ds then it worked. It just doesn't seem to work for some people though.

Bummer! I haven't tried it yet, but I want to. I'm totally excited about homebrew now! Could it be the emuNAND partition that's messing things up? I want to avoid formatting my 3DS if I can. Also, if I run this, then go back to The Brickenator from Gateway, am I safe? Oh, man! I'm kind of freaked out by this bricking business. So much, in fact, I haven't turned my 3DS on in two days.

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those having trouble with fierce waffle's ROP loader, you could try this, which is what I've been using. It was lazily done and it will overwrite all of your DS profile settings (except wifi), so please use it as a last resort.

If it still doesn't work, there's probably something up with the SD card.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting Smeal has been able to inject Pokemon Sliver rom into the Nintendo virtual console emulator.

Perhaps we can do a similar way for the GBA ambassadors games. Those aren't running on a emulator I suppose.

I think they are, since it's not native from the 3DS and since the DS arm9 can't handle it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Interesting Smeal has been able to inject Pokemon Sliver rom into the Nintendo virtual console emulator.

Perhaps we can do a similar way for the GBA ambassadors games. Those aren't running on a emulator I suppose.
Not being a douch here....just sharing to inform....smealum actually already showed off he could inject roms into VC games last week or something....but all the flame wars ruin people's chances of seeing any news updates other than bricky bricky brick brick

Personally I'm more impressed with the actual homebrew, it's all very impressive and very good performance I think homebrew has a good future on the 3DS :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.