Homebrew Homebrew Development

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's weired. Windows XP puts a thumbs.db file into every folder with an image(MacOSX does it still today)

Did you tried to delete the build folder? And check if you don't have any thumbs.db file floating around. If you find one, delete it, delete the build folder and try building.

randomdev

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are not thumbs.db file on m'y computer. Looks like problem was from makefile but it's strange since sometimes it build without errors...
Thank you anyway (:

D

Deleted User

Not sure whether to post this here or in the ROM Hacking section, but where's a good place to start learning how to RE ROMFS files, such as Pokemon's CRO files and the like? Are there any recommended tutorials or documentation that I can look at?

Also, is it possible to load the ROMFS and CODE for a title from an ARM11 CIA app? I know it's possible through ARM9 payloads, as well as 3DSX homebrew (from which, if I understand correctly, "overwrite" the game that they're launching, braindump and HANS use such functionality), but I'm curious if it's even possible to load the assets of another title from a CIA homebrew.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry if i asked in a wrong place, but i have two question.
I install ORAS exploit for launch homebrew and now i update my 3ds. First question is, with homebrew already launch from oras, i can take off the game card and put another for extract save file?
Second question is: if i try to launch jksv tool with ORAS game choice (for import/export save file pokemon), the homebrew freeze, something wrong about that?

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First question is, with homebrew already launch from oras, i can take off the game card and put another for extract save file?
Second question is: if i try to launch jksv tool with ORAS game choice (for import/export save file pokemon), the homebrew freeze, something wrong about that?
1) Yes, you can switch your game cards as you wish when you are in the Homebrew Launcher.
2) No idea. (maybe JKSV needs more than simple homebrew authorizations)

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i try jksv with monster hunter too, no problem with this. Maybe because i installed exploit into oras save?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
when I compile any sfillib homebrew (like the sample...) compiler give me this error:
Code:
C:\Users\user\Documents\Dev\3ds\projets\test>make
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Thumbs.db.o', needed by `/c/Users/user/Doc
uments/Dev/3ds/projets/test/test.elf'.  Stop.
make: *** [build] Error 2
I've tried to reinstall devkitpro and all libraries, also it doesn't works on my other Windows.
Can anyone help me ? thanks :)
Windows will automatically create a Thumbs.db file for any folder that has thumbnails, pictures, etc. I get this problem a lot too. Just go to the options in the view tab in Windows Explorer, click the View tab, and unselect "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and Thumbs.db will show up in the source/data folder. You can just delete it and the homebrew should compile.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for double posting but, can anyone compile the latest picasso source release? https://github.com/fincs/picasso I can't seem to compile it.

Reactions: randomdev

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's possible to do an NTR plugin to automatically press a button all 3-4s ?
Like a macro, or Auto Mouse Click on Windows for the Mouse

D

Deleted User

I've been looking at the code for some ROM Hacking materials lately. I stumbled upon the Luma3DS commit that added external code loading, and I noticed that simply patching the code file to read from the SD Card would only work for some games. This was probably why directory patching for HANS was scrapped. So, my question is, using Luma3DS's code loading feature, would it be possible to get it to load ROMFS files from the SD Card, using a RomFS loaded into memory prior by a Homebrew Program?

RemRem

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I already updated my 3ds to 11.1 and in Romania I can't find any copy of cubic ninja to buy it ...can I access homebrew somehow ??
I just made myself a save file for my AS game and I can't insert it in my game...

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are save dongles which can be used to inject the savefile into the games internal memory.

I never used one, so I can't recommend something

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Hey I have a doubt. I'm compiling arm9loaderhax from @Aurora Wright sources because I want to tinker a bit with it. But I have a different hash than provided in the release archive. I have no warning nor errors in compilation. What is the cause and is it harmless (like, do not install that payload if you don't want a new paperweight)?
Edit: I did a fresh reinstall of devkitpro r45, still having the same erroneous hash
435ed7bee424a9de8d8cdf560f1ea868ea1311a9d713bfba55a9a91e6490c4de
Instead of
14a9966233d833ddd2e7011fa638fcb9fcbb2ee4f8bd1f7538d8b8ed0e2d083d

Last edited by Goombi,

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a doubt. I'm compiling arm9loaderhax from @Aurora Wright sources because I want to tinker a bit with it. But I have a different hash than provided in the release archive. I have no warning nor errors in compilation. What is the cause and is it harmless (like, do not install that payload if you don't want a new paperweight)?
Edit: I did a fresh reinstall of devkitpro r45, still having the same erroneous hash
435ed7bee424a9de8d8cdf560f1ea868ea1311a9d713bfba55a9a91e6490c4de
Instead of
14a9966233d833ddd2e7011fa638fcb9fcbb2ee4f8bd1f7538d8b8ed0e2d083d
Do you get the same hash if you do a full recompile multiple times? I don't think they will be the same.

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
With a clean and compile? I guess it could depend on the project but it has not been my experience. You could have a different version of ctrulib.
Yep, clean and full reinstall of devkitpro. I don't think ctrulib is used in this project. But to be sure I tried different versions of ctrulib and still get the same hash and no compile error.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, clean and full reinstall of devkitpro. I don't think ctrulib is used in this project. But to be sure I tried different versions of ctrulib and still get the same hash and no compile error.

Any difference in any libraries will generate a build with a different checksum. If you're genuinely curious as to the details of why, you can read up about the work done to get reproducible builds for selinux and other security oriented projects where matching checksums are considered important.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have the newest compiled picasso?
8f7f51c4b33a4ebe8a097791538f5747.png

Enjoy! (I believe that's what you want, lmk if you need the rest of the files though)

Attachments

• picasso.7z
    35.5 KB · Views: 111

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This version doesn't work on Windows (it needs to be an exe since it can't compile homebrew from binary).
smh not using Linux

3341f4be2e074135affd6b3ad0e0bd70.png

-v doesn't work due to compiling issues that I was too lazy to fix; rest should work fine.

Edit: does Windows really think it's a virus <.<

Attachments

• picasso.zip
    80.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by Deleted member 373057,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.