United States

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Interesting. I wonder if it will support TWL carts as well (DS games). Probably going to be 3DS carts only though. :P

Will this be using Spider, MSET, or Ninjhax? Curious as to how this will be used once it's compiled.
DS carts are a no go, tried. :P

I used as brahma .3dsx payload, but it may work under a spider loader too. Haven't tested that yet.

Edit: Just finished a speed comparison with the GW dumper.

Code:
SSB 3ds USA: size 2GB
GW 3.2.1
uncart - latest (5/30) v0.2
2DS 9.2

results:
Gateway  21 minutes >.<
uncart    8 minutes!

accuracy: both good!
(although uncart leaves off the unique id & cart id)

BONUS TEST! XenoBlade! 17 minutes! good dump! wow!

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fixed my display code! My project is displaying perfectly, including 3 easy scaling options thanks to sf2dlib. And I've got controls working. Only problem now is an erratic crash that locks the system up, got a feeling this is going to be a pain to track down.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm trying to get my app to play nicely with the system, had a look at blargsnes's main() & I've built my main loop around

Code:
APP_STATUS status;
while((blah) && (status = aptGetStatus()) != APP_EXITING)
{

if (status == APP_RUNNING) {

(blah)

} else if (status == APP_SUSPENDING) {

(blah)

aptReturnToMenu();

} else if (status == APP_PREPARE_SLEEPMODE) {

(blah)

aptSignalReadyForSleep();
        aptWaitStatusEvent();

}

}

..and now sleep mode works nicely (console sleeps when closed, my app resumes when opened), but suspending still doesn't work - when I press the home button everything locks up immediately, it doesn't get as far as making the noise and zooming out to the home menu. Any suggestions? Thanks.
FWIW, pressing the power button works (app closes normally), as does the app exiting of its own accord.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I just started reading up on this, but since you basically have it all set up and whatnot, could that be compiled as a CIA?
I've never had any luck compiling bootstrap/brahma projects as CIA's. I'm sure this (brahma + arm9 payload) is the same. You could try though.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if this has been asked before. Is it possible to use OpenGL and C++? Is there a Hello World tutorial to follow? At uni we've learned to make a physics engine, and shaders in the OpenGL class. One of my assignments in the physics engine class was to be able to drop some balls and cubes from the air and have them land in a pile and go rolling around. I would so love to figure out how to make it happen on 3DS ;_;

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before. Is it possible to use OpenGL and C++? Is there a Hello World tutorial to follow? At uni we've learned to make a physics engine, and shaders in the OpenGL class. One of my assignments in the physics engine class was to be able to drop some balls and cubes from the air and have them land in a pile and go rolling around. I would so love to figure out how to make it happen on 3DS ;_;
OpenGL has not been ported to the 3DS. So...no. As for C++, yes.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple