1. CalebW

CalebW Fellow Temper

United States
    I solved the RAND_MAX variable error by adding
    Code:
    #include 
    at the top of background.c. I don't know if this was the right way to do this, but it worked... My ctrulib is the latest version(installed from git) but I don't have a CTRULIB environmental variable set(unless it does so in the Makefile when installing, but that's unlikely)

Margen67 likes this.
  2. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    It might have been the new gcc update, which seems to have broken a few things. I was compiling GameYob and I had to put a #include <stdlib.h> in config.cpp and inputhelper.cpp. It compiles now, which is awesome because apparently it was broke a while back.

3. ichichfly

ichichfly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    you have to start 3dmoo with cmd args the first one is always the file path the following can be
    -sdmc <path> //sets the path to the sdmc <there is a default path and the SD is access-able but the detect function returns no SD>
    -sdwrite //if this is set the SD writable will return true the SD is write able even if this is not set
    -d //disassemble log
    -noscreen //self explaining
    -codepatch <.code file> //replace the code in the NCCH you are running
    -sysdata <path> //path to a folder with sysdata (dumped from NAND)-slotone //returns true if the app ask if there is a slot one card
    -configsave //loads the cfg from the config file in the sysdat
    -gdbport <port> //only works if the compiled with GDB_STUB sets the port for a gdb debugger to attach to 3dmoo (C::B,insight,...)

filfat likes this.
  4. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

does anyone have an OSX build of citra I can have? I can't get the damn thing to compile.

5. caprathebest

caprathebest GBAtemp Regular

Italy
  6. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Someone wanna take a quick look at my source and tell me why weird things are happening?

Still trying to recreate space invaders, from scratch on the 3ds. Currently I have it drawing the invaders and I manually put in the Move right and move left. However when I press Right to move them Right, They move Left, and vice versa. It also seems they are being drawn in an Upside Down order (If I press Left Enough They Will Bump Up a line... When it should be pressing right causes them to bump down, *Havent added the Line Movement Functions yet but due to a bug that wont matter later,when pressing dpad it doesnt run the function to check If its safe to move them left or right, it just runs the move code*

Also I Thought I had done the Drawing Correctly But If I put in 2 into the array containing the alien layout, which should represent the 2nd alien sprite (havent added it yet) it puts out invader/alien 1's 2nd animation (for first animation) and a green square (for 2nd animation (0 is = to draw pixel) so the square makes sense). Its the First thing Ive ever made in c++ so any tips or comments would be appreciated. Also Anyone willing to take a look at it and see where I derped since the documentation on the 3ds isnt great and its kinda annoying to create text output to display debug info (although I might create a header file that I can use to draw words to the bottom screen specifically to check the values of my array's and variables).

I uploaded the source of what I have currently below, its project file is in codeblocks. But Most of the Functions are in draw.c, the 3dsx file is in the zip as well.

*Its more updated then the last one I posted However*

Attached Files:

7. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

ctrGL can now detect when the GPU or one of the related DMA controllers stops responding.
    This is not incredibly useful if the GPU actually hangs, because even if you quit the application, the POS PICA will stay stuck until a system restart so no other GPU-enabled homebrew will work. (and I'm not aware of any software way to reset the GPU)
    However, it seems that sometimes the relevant events simply don't get signaled - I have no idea what's going on, it happens more quickly in more complex scenes and sometimes it's the PPF event that doesn't signal, rather than P3D. I found absolutely no pattern in this, the intervals seem to be between 60 and 300 seconds.
    Either way, when this happens, everything will actually work just fine again in the next frame if you properly set a timeout for the event wait.

Weird
    as
    fuck.

Margen67, jasonmbrown and st4rk like this.
  8. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Does anyone have a link to the 3dsx tool? 3dbrew's link is dead.

9. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

luaJIT confirmed
    (admittedly without the jit)

[​IMG]

Margen67, xem, filfat and 1 other person like this.
  10. AlbertoSONIC

AlbertoSONIC Pasta Team Member

Italy
    Guys i need your help. How can i take input in main.c and use the taken input in other .c files?

11. Helreizer543

Helreizer543 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    try passing it through a function foo (u32 kDown);

12. DEElekgolo

DEElekgolo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Quick question: is it possible to interface with SIMD instructions such as NEON? The hardware should support it correct?

13. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No, the 3DS is armv6, not armv7.

14. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    Is there a max file size for .3dsx files? I'm making an attempt to port gpSP to the 3DS, and while I have everything in line for it to at least be executed (main loop is completely isolated from the rest of the program at the moment), the ending file size is 1.1MB and it seems to crash if I run it. However, if I don't link all the other files it will run just fine. I'm not entirely sure what's causing the file size to go up so much but it's preventing me from getting at least *something* running.

15. T3GZdev

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    hey its been a while since i commented on this topic lol, is this thread still about the launcher.dat homebrew or have we moved to ctrulib .3dsx homebrew now?

16. Helreizer543

Helreizer543 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    the last few pages have been about .3dsx homebrew

17. T3GZdev

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    nice i did this. :P
    [​IMG]

Margen67 and smealum like this.
  18. Helreizer543

Helreizer543 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    nice do you actually have the engine running? or is this just the start?

19. T3GZdev

T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    just the start for now, trying to figure out text with the gpu stuff. so i can at least work on the menu for now.

20. minexew

minexew ayy lmao

At first, my ELF file was about 2.5 megs and 3dsx completely refused to process it. I found that using gc-sections is an absolute must for any half-serious 3ds development.
    If the huge binary isn't the reason for your issues (I'm currently at ~770 KiB and working fine), you'll probably have to do the good old line-by-line debugging.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Development, Homebrew,