Hardware Homebrew channel does not start up!

xianztan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So i was trying to install this wad for a wiiware but i accidentaly pressed the wrong button and uninstalled the cios60.wad i think, so, now when i open up the homebrew channel, it loads and then restarts and i am back at the starting screen.
How do i get the homebrew channel to boot up again? i tried uninstalling my entire wii and also the homebrew channel and then installing it again but it still restarts without launching the homebrew channel. So is the main probelm because of the cios60.wad? if it is, how do i install it again as i do not have the homebrew channel? I tried the bannerbomb thingy to launch a wadmanager but they gave me some kind of error -1029 i think. my wii is 3.2j btw.
Thanks for all your time to read this!

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You are so f***ing lucky. If you were on 4.0/4.1 you would have bricked. A full unstoppable brick without bootmii. Anyway, try to reinstall cIOS60 or get the latest version of IOS60 and you should be fine.

If you have a nand dump with bootmii as a boot 2 replacement, I recommend copying over all your save data to your SD card and going back to that starting point. Never uninstall jack, when dealing with IOS's, using the cIOScorp installer. It works fine, installs any wad (IOS I know for sure), and doesn't do uninstalls.

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't ever use cIOSCorp. I don't care what any tutorial anywhere says, don't do it. It's a stupid idea. I would hope that you (or anyone who continues to mention that frankenstein abonimation of a software) would realize it's a criminally bad idea to overwrite all of the IOSes with a cIOS, but some people need to be told.

--

For recovery: Do you have Bootmii installed? It's time to restore your save point from a backup. No? Why didn't you make a backup before you started playing with things you don't understand?

and for clarification: So your system menu is still working? Upgrade your firmware through nintendo (I know, every guide tells you not to, but throw caution to the wind and let's rock and roll) and then use the BannerBomb exploit to install HBC+BootMii.

From there, to get softmodding back, run the Trucha Bug Restorer (It's on the GbaTemp forums somewhere, and apparently works even with LU64 Wiis) to restore the Trucha bug, then you can install waninkoko's cIOS, and then you're pretty much all set for now.

Upgrading in the future: Waninkoko's FW Upgraders + Dop-IOS to upgrade individual IOSes and keep Trucha bug in them.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nago said:
Don't ever use cIOSCorp. I don't care what any tutorial anywhere says, don't do it. It's a stupid idea. I would hope that you (or anyone who continues to mention that frankenstein abonimation of a software) would realize it's a criminally bad idea to overwrite all of the IOSes with a cIOS, but some people need to be told.

If you dont have a hardmod, its a great idea so I can play legal backups. cIOS is safe and good so don't tell people to screw around. Yes, I understand and support Nintendo's position to stop cIOS's from working, but I personally do use them and I still buy games.

D

Deleted User

illinialex24 said:
Nago said:

If you dont have a hardmod, its a great idea so I can play legal backups. cIOS is safe and good so don't tell people to screw around. Yes, I understand and support Nintendo's position to stop cIOS's from working, but I personally do use them and I still buy games.

That's an ironic thing to say considering you f*cked up the menu IOS...

And you completely missed the point of nago's post, for example he used the word "criminally" in a different way to what you perceived it to be.
sleep.gif
(It's obviously used to emphasize how much of a bad idea it is to overwrite all the IOSes)

xianztan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Alright!! thanks people!! homebrew channel worked after upgrading to 4.0j...however, can anyone tell me how to stop getting the error -2011 when installing wads? O.o

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Refer to my original advice post. I generally don't trust "Downgraders" or any all-in-one software, they are bad ideas.

Search GBATemp for a software called "Trucha Bug Restorer", Perhaps I'm insane, but I trust this one explicitly for restoring the Trucha Bug because I know exactly what it does, and it works on LU64+ Wiis.

You can run this and Patch your IOS36 with the Trucha Bug, then you run Waninkoko's cIOS rev14 installer. (Or if you have an explicit reason to run an older version of cIOS, you can. I hear tell that Smash Bros doesn't work on R14.)

Then you're all set to install wads and play backups.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
there is nothing wrong with iosdowngrader35, it just downloads a old version of ios35 and installs it, i dont understand your problem with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-