Hacking Homebrew Channel & 4GB Kingston SDHC

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: LU64 Wii, 4.0U, Preloader 0.29, cIOS rev 9, and still have Trucha-bug capabilities.

I have a Kingston 4GB SDHC Class 4 (SD-K04G 0905 WF0732B) SD card which works fine in the Wii menu, but when I open the Homebrew Channel,
it doesn't get recognized, and going back to the Wii menu after opening up HBC makes the Wii menu not recognize it either - unless I take it out and put it back in.

Which leads me to believe this is an error from within the HBC rather than a formatting error. Booo, any fixes?

Is there a certain formatting I need to get it working in HBC as well?
I know the data I have on the card is correct, since I copied the full directory from my WORKING 64MB SD card, so that's not the issue.. currently it's formatted FAT32 @ 4096 bytes.

I've looked at the compatability charts here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests
They state the "Micro SDHC class4 (with SD Adapter) [FAT16/32]" card as not working, mine's not a Micro, nor does it have an adapter.

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yurp, I have 4.0U. I had an LU64 3.4U, downgraded to 3.2U and upgraded to 4.0 via Waninkoko's program, so I have all the goodies & preloader.

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought I'd see the day where I had to bump one of my own threads. Fail.
EDIT: No, going to 'reload' on the HBC doesn't fix anything for me, blahhh, idunno what to do!

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
That looks like 15 hours to me.
I don't know what's wrong though.

Thought I was the only one with this problem. I have the exact same card and issues. Are we missing something?

***Just copied HBC to SD (4gb) and launched from there thinking if the SD was being read it might work but it didn't. You are correct about having to reinsert the SD after running HBC so it gets recognized again. Hope someone can help!!***

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to guess this has to be an issue with libfat or the libsd libraries, I took a gander at the sources, but I don't have a clue what to look for!

MadMax83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was having this problem for the first time last night!!!

though what was even stranger is that it did work a few times, and it has worked in the past.... it all stopped working when i put coverflow 7 on there... now im not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but last night it was being very temperamental... not loading at all some times, loading with only half the stuff other times, something very strange was definitely going on!

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
I never thought I'd see the day where I had to bump one of my own threads. Fail.
EDIT: No, going to 'reload' on the HBC doesn't fix anything for me, blahhh, idunno what to do!

Same story here.

Wii with waninolo 4.0E trucha,cios rev 10,wikey 1.9s,Card formatted with panasonic formatter,on the wii menu the Kingmax 16GB sdhc shows the wads stuff one homebre nothing no more apps,I have just copied the 2GB old content on the new kingmax 16GB sdhc,I need to sort it out else spending the money for this 16GB have been a complete waste....

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wonder when they ll release a new HB to support more SDHC cards here with Homebrew 1.01 no dice and don wonna buy another 16GB memory card.I mean if it works in the wii it should in the Homebre Channel Too ????

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
Yurp, I have 4.0U. I had an LU64 3.4U, downgraded to 3.2U and upgraded to 4.0 via Waninkoko's program, so I have all the goodies & preloader.

How did you downgrade?
I thought downgrading a LU64 Wii would cause a brick?

alkataz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with my 8 gb kingston SDHC card but all I did was use me old 2gb wii sd card I already had to load homebrew and I install the wads from that card and then I go to the wii settings and channels and insert the 8 gb card and move are the vc and wiiware stuff there. The Wii itself reads the card just fine. The only thing is I have to switch between cards depending if I want to play a game ore if I want to run Homebrew. But this is only a small price to pay all things considered.

kuralt123

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I have a SanDisk memory stick PRO duo 4 GB. How can i get homebrew channel on my wii 4.3e? Please help me cause i am triing a few days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1