mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well you may as well reinstall the other ios on that cvs report of yours. I don't know which one could be giving you the trouble.

You can skip ios36 and 61 since you just install them

Install ios 9 12 13 14 15 17 21 22 28 31 33 34 35 37 38 53 55 56 57- without patches. Install the new versions

Ios70 is your system ios, you can leave it alone, or reinstall it with all 3 patches.

Use dop-mii

See if the resolves your black screens. If not, reinstall the HBC.

One of those ios must be your trouble. Probably a and ios3#, so if you like you could start with those and test.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have wifi enabled? Do you use a sdhc card?

HBC blackscreens sometimes for me, and somebody said the update check is causing it. So if you have wifi enabled, try to disable it and/or wait a few seconds before booting an app.

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is happening to me too. It happened after I patched IOS36.

EDIT: Bannerbomb also gives me a black screen for DOP-Mii. :/

EDIT: Wtf? I tried loading it with cboot2 this time, and the screen... like... goes crazy? Like a film being cut or something? Like when a monitor's picture is messed up. It keep scrolling across the screen.

EDIT: Alright, downloaded a different cboot2, it goes to WAD Manager, I try to install an IOS for 61 and it says "error 1035."

EDIT: I got DOP-Mii to run, finally. I try to install IOS61, which is what my HBC is running off of, but it keeps saying "error, use a IOS that accepts fakesign" or something.

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've figured out what's wrong. Every app that uses IOS249 crashes/black screens. I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried using DOP-Mii to reinstall the stub, and nothing happened. Is it supposed to be a stub?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=186374

This thread sounds like what I'm going through, but I'm not sure what to do with that guide. All the other apps work I just need 249 for WAD manager and CoverFloader, I guess.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SatoKiba said:
I think I've figured out what's wrong. Every app that uses IOS249 crashes/black screens. I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried using DOP-Mii to reinstall the stub, and nothing happened. Is it supposed to be a stub?

This thread sounds like what I'm going through, but I'm not sure what to do with that guide. All the other apps work I just need 249 for WAD manager and CoverFloader, I guess.
It's not supposed to be a stub. It's supposed to be a cIOS. Having a stub causes programs to freeze or not load if they require IOS249. Since IOS36 and IOS249 are the 2 IOS' used the most for homebrew, that may be causing the problem.

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameking66 said:
It's not supposed to be a stub. It's supposed to be a cIOS. Having a stub causes programs to freeze or not load if they require IOS249. Since IOS36 and IOS249 are the 2 IOS' used the most for homebrew, that may be causing the problem.

This may sound incredibly stupid of me, but, how do I make it a CIOS without WAD manager?

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SatoKiba said:
gameking66 said:

This may sound incredibly stupid of me, but, how do I make it a CIOS without WAD manager?
Use the cIOS Installer by Hermes or Waninkoko.

The cIOS installers require a Trucha bugged IOS36.

Basically, you need Trucha Bugged 36 to use cIOS, and cIOS to use some apps/games.

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameking66 said:
Use the cIOS Installer by Hermes or Waninkoko.

The cIOS installers require a Trucha bugged IOS36.

Basically, you need Trucha Bugged 36 to use cIOS, and cIOS to use some apps/games.

I tried to install that, but it froze. :/ It asks me where to install it under, I should say IOS249, right? But, that's what makes it freeze.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IOS36
wink.gif

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Installing custom IOS, please wait...

Install ERROR! (ret = -1035)"

So, I tried to delete 249 with Any Title Deleter, more errors. Is it the base IOS I'm using?

EDIT: Hurr, durr. I used IOS250 now and it worked. I'll see if those apps work now.

EDIT: Works great.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for everyone's help.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mauifrog said:
Randomguy said:
Yes! it worked!
Thank you everyone!
I'm now gonna hack my wii a little more.
yaywii.gif

What did you do to get it to work?

Well, i have a theory, and if i'm right then Randomguy is an idiot.

Randomguy said:
To inform you all:
Like XFlak said, it happens to ALL the apps, but ever since this happened, i couldn't not load any of the apps without a freeze.

EDIT: I can't try to update the IOS36 rigt now... i'll try it as fast as i can!
smile.gif

QUOTE(SatoKiba @ Apr 17 2010, 09:38 PM)

Randomguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know, but i thought couldn't start a single app, even those who didn't use ios 249.
Later i discovered that the homebrew browser could load, but there was something wrong with the server.

Also, look a little down at the first page:
Randomguy said:
Finally!
I've got the IOS36 upgraded (with fakesign, don't know if it matters).
But i've tried it a couple of times and it still blackscreens...
I did manage to load a app, tough.

Since then, some apps loaded with less black screens.
So i think the problem where ios36 and ios249.
But i still don't understand all these ioses, so it can be wrong.

btw i didn't had this problem when in just downloaded the HBC, so what makes this problem must be an app right? (or am i wrong again?)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess you started to get problems when you updated your Wii to 4.2. And if you say all apps don't start while the Homebrew Browser, latest Gecko OS, latest NeoGamma, Any Title Deleter, Trucha Bug Restorer and WAD Manager do work(or at least boot), nobody can help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1