Homebrew application forwarder?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SimplyFedorable, Jun 17, 2016.

1. SimplyFedorable
    OP

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    I was wondering if there is anyway to make a forwarder cia for homebrew apps (similar to wii) or how I can convert .3dsx files into .cia files? I know about the hbl cia file, but I would really like all my apps to be in one place. Thanks to anyone who replies!

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Some homebrew have a cia file with their release, but currently I don't know if there's a way to change 3dsx files from homebrew to cia.

3. Uziskull

Uziskull Picture may not be real

Nov 15, 2015
    Portugal
    Somewhere, probably
    Currently, there's no such thing as a homebrew forwarder. Either the homebrew comes with a .elf (that you can make a .cia out of), or the creator releases a .cia along with the homebrew.
    Alternatively, you can use the HBL .cia to access homebrew.

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    The hblauncher_loader can be edited to load a payload with a different filename which then loads a homebrew 3dsx from somewhere instead of boot.3dsx on the root.

Ricken and Ryuzaki_MrL like this.
  5. SimplyFedorable
    OP

SimplyFedorable Evangelion Geek

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    melee hell
    Oh well, I though I would get an answer like this. I wanted to keep everything in one place (homebrew and games on my homemenu). Think I'm going to test out the gridlaunchers ability to launch system titles in emunand.