HOLY BALLS

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by EarlAB, Feb 10, 2016.

1. EarlAB
    OP

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    How rare IS Xenoblade Chronicles X?! I had to go to 30 different stores, avoiding GameStop, and then finally I found out that GameStop had exactly ONE COPY left. WHAT THE FUDGE.
    :hateit:

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Lol the Best Buy near me literally had a whole stack of 15 of them, untouched

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    don't see how it's a shit game when i had mine i only played it for a few days than sold it back on ebay. disappointed the shit out of me!

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Well you can now be damn sure that going to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Midas Tire, and Hallmark were all a waste of time then. I would have gone to GameStop first lol

WeedZ, PokeAcer and endoverend like this.
  5. EarlAB
    OP

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    Bed Bath and Beyond has great deals. I got Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for a $1.30. Gamestop had it for full price, even preowned.

PokeAcer likes this.
  6. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    I got mine from Walmart, took a couple stores though.

7. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I bought mines digitally, but... Is it really sold out in that many places? Wow, didn't know demand for this game was that high. Perhaps Nintendo/Monolith underestimated demand themselves? It's a nice game, but it has some issues, namely audio bugs and the text is way too small; There should definitely be an option to increase text size. I didn't think the story was all that exciting, either. It's a great military sim, haha. 8 divisions, each with their own goals, you're an operative. And playing cooperatively was fun. Quests felt to MMOey, and while that was true for the original Xenoblade Chronicles, it felt even more so here, I guess since all there really is to do is quests and quests. And exploring, but still, lotsa quests. Some main story quests also felt like a drag at times. Things do get a bit more fun after you acquire your first Skell.

A word of advice if you're just going into the game. Take some time to get acquainted with all the menus and options you have at your disposal. It'll be overwhelming at first, but you'll likely be a lot more effective in battle later.

8. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    i recently traded a sealed splatoon for sealed xenoblade x.

i did download the basic texture pack off eshop, but i am wondering if you folks recommend the other texture packs?

9. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I only downloaded the Basic (recommended) and the Enemy texture packs, and the game runs great in my opinion. I have no frame of reference on what it's like to download all of them, but the loading screens never last more than ~8 seconds in my case.

Sick Wario likes this.
  10. EarlAB
    OP

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    I got all data packs and it usually loads all areas in about 5-10 seconds.

Sick Wario likes this.