ROM Hack RELEASE Hollow Knight Save Edit

Siedjeey

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Switch and PC files are technically the same besides encryption, the PC version is encrypted with a ECB/Rijndael/PKCS7 cipher with the Key "UKu52ePUBwetZ9wNX88o54dnfKRu0T1l".I have updated Hollow Knight Save Manager to be able to load switch saves, as well as save to both switch and PC formats. It'll save switch files with a .switch extension which you'll want to remove before moving it back.

I don't have the game on switch to test, but I can't imagine any issues with it.

Edit: Game version shouldn't matter either, if you load a save with more content the game will just ignore it, and if you load a save missing content it'll just default the values.

Ok awesome,i’m kinda noob to all of this so is there any comprehensive guide on how to exactly copy over my PC save file on my Switch?

kdt 4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok awesome,i’m kinda noob to all of this so is there any comprehensive guide on how to exactly copy over my PC save file on my Switch?

For switch -> pc it should be:
Extract your userX.dat via checkpoint
Move userX.dat off SD to pc save folder
Move hksm to save folder
Open hksm and find your userX.dat and double click it in hksm to open the editor
File > Save.

For pc -> switch it should be:
Move hksm to save folder
Open hskm and find your userX.dat and double click it in hksm to open the editor
File > Save (Switch)
Rename userX.dat.switch to userX.dat
Move onto your SD card to wherever checkpoint imports saves from (I assume the same place it extracts to)
Import your save via checkpoint.

Save folder on Windows is "%appdata%/../locallow/team cherry/hollow knight"

Reactions: zeibl

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 131528

How to edit the Hollow Knight switch save.

Like ALWAYS with editing: Make a backup of your savegame! You can damage or destroy your savegame!

1. Extract your save of Hollow Knight with latest Checkpoint Homebrew.

You will get the following file: View attachment 131518

2. Open it with your favorite Editor. (I prefer 010 Editor or Note++)

3. The you will see directly clear text and you can edit what ever you want.

Here some things to edit - which i tried and it worked very well:

- For Money/Geo edit the values after "geo" to your wanted money/geo like this: View attachment 131519
Now you will have ingame 109460 Geo/Money.​
- For Damage edit the values after "nailDamage" to your wanted damage you want to deal. Like this:View attachment 131520
Now you will deal 95 Damage to your enemies (normally you start with 5 Damage dealing)​
- You can even edit the cost's of your charmes like this: View attachment 131521
CharmCost_1 means the Cost for the "first" charm, in this case its 1. So you can change something that normally cost 5 charm points to 1 charm point.
- And with View attachment 131523 you can edit how many Charm slots you will have. Normally you can only get 11 in the whole game as I know.​

Here some things that not worked for me:
Edit in some way the maximum amount of your Mana/Magic. I see the values but somehow ingame it doesn't affect anything. Normally ingame every spell you cast will cost you 33 Mana/Magic. I also could not change this value to a different one. Maybe someone else can figure it out.

Happy editing.

What are the offsets for these values? I can create a simple editor

Rockfello

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I havent been around in sometime. I will take a look this week
Welcome back pal. Now that we have SX OS cheats for the game, maybe it wont be a great thing to invest your time with this. Perhaps i could recomend a save editor for Los Sphear, or Disgaea 1, Disgaea 5 or even South Park the fractured but whole.

armandog4u

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I tried this method, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I used both notepad ++ and 010 editor, but the text is encrypted and in a single line. What can I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle