Gaming Hold on! No free Wii-points with Console/Controlle

slyboots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a Wii today (Midnight launch) Seems fun so far, good boxing action and whatnot
wink.gif

But grabbed the Classic controller under the impression there were some free Wii-points with it to get you started, but it seems I have been misled..

So.. No free Wii-points with the machine or classic Controller at all?

slyboots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the bloody store monkey advised me that there would be free Wii-points thrown in with the purchase with the Classical Controller in order to "Start you off"

... Made sence at the time, Damn-it!

frown.gif
cry.gif

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember hearing about some 5000 wii points + 1 classic controller combo packs going for $50 during the Japan launch but whether those were available anywhere else I dunno.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Belgium: No Wii points in the classic controller, so i grabbed my wife's visa and got me some points.

To be honest, i still preffer to use my old xbox with snes/pc-e/megadrive/nes emulators on.
Better, free, no storage probs if you want to play all, etc...

The classic controller is a little disappointment to.
You have to connect the classic controller to your Wiimote, i would have suspected a connection over usb, now when you play classic games your wiimote lays a bit in the way.

BUT: Wiisports ownz! same for Wiiplay
biggrin.gif

soul2soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Belgium: No Wii points in the classic controller, so i grabbed my wife's visa and got me some points.

To be honest, i still preffer to use my old xbox with snes/pc-e/megadrive/nes emulators on.
Better, free, no storage probs if you want to play all, etc...

The classic controller is a little disappointment to.
You have to connect the classic controller to your Wiimote, i would have suspected a connection over usb, now when you play classic games your wiimote lays a bit in the way.

BUT: Wiisports ownz! same for Wiiplay
biggrin.gif

I also got the classic pad, do you guys also think it feels cheap? I mean it looks nice but it just feels cheap, buttons are kinda meh, and the anolog lr have the same cheap Cube feel.

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah it's official stated on the NoE sites now
tongue.gif

We can finally use those useless stars
tongue.gif
.... I hope that they update the Star Catalog soon
tongue.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
i couldn't find any wii points in the stars catalogue..
frown.gif

anyhow, I bought classic controller and 2000 wii points at release.. bought golden axe and dungeon explorer.. Dungeon explorer kinda sucked
wink.gif

but it feels pretty decent the classical controller...
smile.gif

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Pricing

A 2,000 point Wii Points card will be initially available in the USA for around US$20, or for €20 in Europe and £14.99 in the UK[3]. Wii Points can be bought in this way from retailers or purchased on-line directly from Nintendo. When converting from Wii Points to American dollars, 100 Wii Points equals one dollar. Reggie Fils-Aime has stated that 2,000 Wii Points will cost about $24.99 Canadian[4]. Pricing was also given for Wii points in Japan, with 1,000 points being exactly equivalent to ¥1,000 ($8.46)[5]. Prepaid cards in Japan will be made available in multiples of 1,000, 3,000 and 5,000 points, with the 5,000 point card coming bundled with a classic controller[6]. In all other regions, there will only be 2,000 point cards, at least initially.
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Points#_n..._Points_Pricing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)