Hold It!: Phoenix Wright Coming to Wii?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
5,066
Trophies
1
Age
32
Location
Walking the path of heaven
XP
2,379
Country
United States
500xwrightpicnic.jpg

QUOTE said:
Germany's Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK), the country's ratings board, have let slip a listing for an upcoming Phoenix Wright title. For the Wii.

There's not much more to it than that, other than the name "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney", so questions like:

"Will it be episodic?"
"When is it out?"
"How much will this cost me?"
"Is there anything new being added to the Wii version?"

Will have to wait for a more official announcement. Judging by the title, though, don't go holding your breath for a new game, or a collection. This is probably just a straight-up port of the existing PC version of Ace Attorney.

News Source: Kotaku
 

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
3,218
Trophies
0
XP
603
Country
United States
Lol nice title.
This leaves me wondering how PW will incorporate Wii features. PW on the DS was always a point and touch (I think that's what it was called) so any use of motion control will be interesting and new to the PW series.
 

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
2,300
Trophies
1
Age
35
XP
802
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Lol nice title.
This leaves me wondering how PW will incorporate Wii features. PW on the DS was always a point and touch (I think that's what it was called) so any use of motion control will be interesting and new to the PW series.
I imagine you'd just use the wiimote to do the same thing. I wouldn't count on motion controls, just an icon on screen you move around.
 

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
9,110
Trophies
2
Age
37
Website
Visit site
XP
3,596
Country
United States
I don't see any logical use of Wii specific controls. So the only obvious choice is to throw in odd support for every device in the game.

I can see the press release now:

To truly make you feel like you are Phoenix Wright, the new Wii version will take full use of all Wii functions. Want to make an objection? Simply purchase the Wii Balance Board, Wii Speak, and Wii MotionPlus, and Wii Vitality Sensor. Upon making the objection movement by swinging your arm out and yelling OBJECTION!, the MotionPlus senses the degree of the swing, the Balance Board senses the shift of weight to one leg, the Wii Speak will hear you yell OBJECTION!, and the Vitality Sensor will check your heartbeat for raised excitement levels. This way you are Phoenix Wright.
 

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
2,836
Trophies
1
Age
32
Website
Visit site
XP
305
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
I don't see any logical use of Wii specific controls. So the only obvious choice is to throw in odd support for every device in the game.

I can see the press release now:

To truly make you feel like you are Phoenix Wright, the new Wii version will take full use of all Wii functions. Want to make an objection? Simply purchase the Wii Balance Board, Wii Speak, and Wii MotionPlus, and Wii Vitality Sensor. Upon making the objection movement by swinging your arm out and yelling OBJECTION!, the MotionPlus senses the degree of the swing, the Balance Board senses the shift of weight to one leg, the Wii Speak will hear you yell OBJECTION!, and the Vitality Sensor will check your heartbeat for raised excitement levels. This way you are Phoenix Wright.
I'd buy that!
 

Raika

uguu
Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
4,858
Trophies
1
Age
29
Location
uguu
XP
309
Country
jumpman17 said:
I don't see any logical use of Wii specific controls. So the only obvious choice is to throw in odd support for every device in the game.

I can see the press release now:

To truly make you feel like you are Phoenix Wright, the new Wii version will take full use of all Wii functions. Want to make an objection? Simply purchase the Wii Balance Board, Wii Speak, and Wii MotionPlus, and Wii Vitality Sensor. Upon making the objection movement by swinging your arm out and yelling OBJECTION!, the MotionPlus senses the degree of the swing, the Balance Board senses the shift of weight to one leg, the Wii Speak will hear you yell OBJECTION!, and the Vitality Sensor will check your heartbeat for raised excitement levels. This way you are Phoenix Wright.
WANT!!!
biggrin.gif
 

PettingZoo

yesss
Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
1,711
Trophies
1
Age
29
Location
in the trap
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
401
Country
jumpman17 said:
I don't see any logical use of Wii specific controls. So the only obvious choice is to throw in odd support for every device in the game.

I can see the press release now:

To truly make you feel like you are Phoenix Wright, the new Wii version will take full use of all Wii functions. Want to make an objection? Simply purchase the Wii Balance Board, Wii Speak, and Wii MotionPlus, and Wii Vitality Sensor. Upon making the objection movement by swinging your arm out and yelling OBJECTION!, the MotionPlus senses the degree of the swing, the Balance Board senses the shift of weight to one leg, the Wii Speak will hear you yell OBJECTION!, and the Vitality Sensor will check your heartbeat for raised excitement levels. This way you are Phoenix Wright.
Heh, intense hand gestures and finger waggling ahoy!
 

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
3,394
Trophies
1
Age
33
Website
ndss.nl
XP
393
Country
Netherlands
I'm almost 100% certain this will be a port. Actually, it surprises me that it's coming at all.

The developers of the series have announced before that they would continue the series on the DS at least until there's a successor. Future games will definately be playable on DS.

If I had to guess, this was an episodic WiiWare release. They released the first game in episodes for PC in Japan, and I can see them trying the same thing for Wii.
 

cocomonk22

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
304
Trophies
0
XP
251
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a port. It would be nice to play this on a big screen and in English. Hopefully it would be on disc and include the first three games in the series.

By the way, I think it would be sweet if they added voice acting.
smile.gif
 

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
2,633
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Canberra
Website
Visit site
XP
504
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
I'm almost 100% certain this will be a port. Actually, it surprises me that it's coming at all.

The developers of the series have announced before that they would continue the series on the DS at least until there's a successor. Future games will definately be playable on DS.

If I had to guess, this was an episodic WiiWare release. They released the first game in episodes for PC in Japan, and I can see them trying the same thing for Wii.
THinking about it, I remember that too.

Where is our next Ace Attorney game though, regardless of the system. It has been 18 months since the release of Apollo Justice. I would have thought a sequal would have been announced by now.
 

jackdanielchan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
540
Trophies
1
XP
693
Country
Edgedancer said:
Maikel Steneker said:
I'm almost 100% certain this will be a port. Actually, it surprises me that it's coming at all.

The developers of the series have announced before that they would continue the series on the DS at least until there's a successor. Future games will definately be playable on DS.

If I had to guess, this was an episodic WiiWare release. They released the first game in episodes for PC in Japan, and I can see them trying the same thing for Wii.
THinking about it, I remember that too.

Where is our next Ace Attorney game though, regardless of the system. It has been 18 months since the release of Apollo Justice. I would have thought a sequal would have been announced by now.

Isn't there that new Miles Edgeworth Investergator Game coming out very soon?
 

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
3,394
Trophies
1
Age
33
Website
ndss.nl
XP
393
Country
Netherlands
jackdanielchan said:
Edgedancer said:
Maikel Steneker said:
I'm almost 100% certain this will be a port. Actually, it surprises me that it's coming at all.

The developers of the series have announced before that they would continue the series on the DS at least until there's a successor. Future games will definately be playable on DS.

If I had to guess, this was an episodic WiiWare release. They released the first game in episodes for PC in Japan, and I can see them trying the same thing for Wii.
THinking about it, I remember that too.

Where is our next Ace Attorney game though, regardless of the system. It has been 18 months since the release of Apollo Justice. I would have thought a sequal would have been announced by now.

Isn't there that new Miles Edgeworth Investergator Game coming out very soon?
February 2010 for both Europe and US (16th and 19th if I'm not mistaken). Gyakuten Saiban 5 has been announced, but there's no estimated release date.
 

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
2,836
Trophies
1
Age
32
Website
Visit site
XP
305
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
Um, it just says that it's going to wiiware, it's not going to be a whole new game...
No it doesnt. It just says for Wii. At least on the original leak. If somebody else is claiming it as wiiware for sure they're wrong. It could really go either way here; wiiware or retail.....or this could be just a mistake.
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i had 24 since before it went on game pass.
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I dont play because it's no fun to lose all the time. lol. Like I said, madden 22 and early I was pretty decent at. Not sure all what mechanics changed since 23 but I win like 1 of every 10 games. Then when I do win, they try to pause glitch me or leave with a few seconds left in the 4th. lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I hate players like that, sore losers. You could always just start a season against computer, but I know not as fun.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    if im getting completely stomped at halftime, like 28-0, ill just concede and let them have the win. No fun to keep playing the 2nd half. Haha. And not fair to not just give them the win.
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But when other people quit without conceeding, I often enough get a loss for it even though I was winning.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Year after year after year they dont fix that. Or the pause glitch people keep doing, or trying to do.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I read online people have changed they're timezone on Xbox system to play games few hours early, I wonder if that is a bannable offense. Oh well not gonna risk it, I can wait till midnight.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Another thing I cant stand, glitch players. They use a glitch play they know your defense will fail at. And they know if you dont know how to adjust for it. They will just do the same play after play after play after play. lol. But they're not so crafty on defense and usually only win by spamming.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright gotta head to liquor store and stock up, have a feeling I won't be leaving my house for a few days. Lol. Take care y'all
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    never tried adjusting the clock
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    lol. have fun
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa thats awesome you are going to the liquor store
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Deadpoolussy
  • zerodown @ zerodown:
    hello, is there somewhere I can ask moderators to merge threads in a group forum?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @zerodown, Just report your old thread so that mods can remove it.
  • zerodown @ zerodown:
    in fact the thread is not mine but another user's. he removed the content and put the same message in all the threads he created.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, how are you?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry i have to go
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O my 💊💊s! bbl
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O my 💊💊s! bbl