Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500xwrightpicnic.jpg

QUOTE said:
Germany's Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK), the country's ratings board, have let slip a listing for an upcoming Phoenix Wright title. For the Wii.

There's not much more to it than that, other than the name "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney", so questions like:

"Will it be episodic?"
"When is it out?"
"How much will this cost me?"
"Is there anything new being added to the Wii version?"

Will have to wait for a more official announcement. Judging by the title, though, don't go holding your breath for a new game, or a collection. This is probably just a straight-up port of the existing PC version of Ace Attorney.

News Source: Kotaku

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol nice title.
This leaves me wondering how PW will incorporate Wii features. PW on the DS was always a point and touch (I think that's what it was called) so any use of motion control will be interesting and new to the PW series.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Lol nice title.
This leaves me wondering how PW will incorporate Wii features. PW on the DS was always a point and touch (I think that's what it was called) so any use of motion control will be interesting and new to the PW series.
I imagine you'd just use the wiimote to do the same thing. I wouldn't count on motion controls, just an icon on screen you move around.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any logical use of Wii specific controls. So the only obvious choice is to throw in odd support for every device in the game.

I can see the press release now:

To truly make you feel like you are Phoenix Wright, the new Wii version will take full use of all Wii functions. Want to make an objection? Simply purchase the Wii Balance Board, Wii Speak, and Wii MotionPlus, and Wii Vitality Sensor. Upon making the objection movement by swinging your arm out and yelling OBJECTION!, the MotionPlus senses the degree of the swing, the Balance Board senses the shift of weight to one leg, the Wii Speak will hear you yell OBJECTION!, and the Vitality Sensor will check your heartbeat for raised excitement levels. This way you are Phoenix Wright.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
I don't see any logical use of Wii specific controls. So the only obvious choice is to throw in odd support for every device in the game.

To truly make you feel like you are Phoenix Wright, the new Wii version will take full use of all Wii functions. Want to make an objection? Simply purchase the Wii Balance Board, Wii Speak, and Wii MotionPlus, and Wii Vitality Sensor. Upon making the objection movement by swinging your arm out and yelling OBJECTION!, the MotionPlus senses the degree of the swing, the Balance Board senses the shift of weight to one leg, the Wii Speak will hear you yell OBJECTION!, and the Vitality Sensor will check your heartbeat for raised excitement levels. This way you are Phoenix Wright.
I'd buy that!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:

WANT!!!
biggrin.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:

Heh, intense hand gestures and finger waggling ahoy!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm almost 100% certain this will be a port. Actually, it surprises me that it's coming at all.

The developers of the series have announced before that they would continue the series on the DS at least until there's a successor. Future games will definately be playable on DS.

If I had to guess, this was an episodic WiiWare release. They released the first game in episodes for PC in Japan, and I can see them trying the same thing for Wii.

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a port. It would be nice to play this on a big screen and in English. Hopefully it would be on disc and include the first three games in the series.

By the way, I think it would be sweet if they added voice acting.
smile.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
I'm almost 100% certain this will be a port. Actually, it surprises me that it's coming at all.

The developers of the series have announced before that they would continue the series on the DS at least until there's a successor. Future games will definately be playable on DS.

If I had to guess, this was an episodic WiiWare release. They released the first game in episodes for PC in Japan, and I can see them trying the same thing for Wii.
THinking about it, I remember that too.

Where is our next Ace Attorney game though, regardless of the system. It has been 18 months since the release of Apollo Justice. I would have thought a sequal would have been announced by now.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Where is our next Ace Attorney game though, regardless of the system. It has been 18 months since the release of Apollo Justice. I would have thought a sequal would have been announced by now.

Isn't there that new Miles Edgeworth Investergator Game coming out very soon?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
jackdanielchan said:
Edgedancer said:
Maikel Steneker said:

Isn't there that new Miles Edgeworth Investergator Game coming out very soon?
February 2010 for both Europe and US (16th and 19th if I'm not mistaken). Gyakuten Saiban 5 has been announced, but there's no estimated release date.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
Um, it just says that it's going to wiiware, it's not going to be a whole new game...
No it doesnt. It just says for Wii. At least on the original leak. If somebody else is claiming it as wiiware for sure they're wrong. It could really go either way here; wiiware or retail.....or this could be just a mistake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night