War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been thinking lately... (Uh-oh, that's never good! *ba-dum-psh*) I like my PSP, but I just don't use it that much. I've played a lot of the great games on it, and the only things I'm really looking forward to are... Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?, Disgaea 2 PSP, Dissidia, etc... I also really like the ability to emulate PSX, GBA, etc. However, I was thinking... Recently I've been saving up money for a new monitor, and I already have enough, but I borrowed like half from my mom. I was wondering if I should sell my PSP and pay off the monitor plus perhaps get a new graphics card? I really never play my PSP just because I have so many great games on the DS + a brand new 360 just begging to be played (I've been holding off from playing it until I get my new monitor)

Plus, with a new graphics card, I could emulate everything the PSP can on the PC ('cept PSP games of course)

My friend said this is the best card my computer can handle: HERE. I would be able to get that if I sold my PSP

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't sell it. You'll start to want your PSP titles and then be SOL. That, and you may be able to emulate everything the PSP can, but is your computer as portable?

Keep it. It's going to be a pain to have to buy it again and rehack it/dig through PSPs until you can find one that can be hacked/something else relevant.

You may not be looking forward to new games, but you can always start looking at old titles and try to find a few gems in the rough.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm, true. However, I only use my PSP for PSX (can be emulated on the comp, I don't even play that many games either), GBA (already have a 3-in-1), and PSP. I've played most of the "worthy" PSP titles already, so there's not much I'll be missing out on. There's also the fact that when I get an urge to play video games, I always go for either 360 or DS.

If I do sell my PSP, not only will it cover what I owe my mom, but it will also let me get a new video card (video card, graphics card... whatever it's called). My onboard card is absolutely HORRIBLE. I can't play anything. (Portal, Resi 4, or anything above) Also, I'm still not sure if it even supports 1080p for when I get my new monitor. Getting a new card will allow me to watch movies and anime at an awesome quality, it will allow me to play PC games, and will also support my new monitor and allow it to look at it's best.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much would you sell it for if it could cover your debt and graphics card's cost?
blink.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I only owe my mom about 70 bucks, and the new GFX card would cost around 70 more. The PSP is in brand new condition, barely used, bought July 2008, comes pre-hacked with latest m33 firmware, and comes with 2 4Gb cards and 1 2Gb card. I think that could easily net 140.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've ever met a person who doesn't regret selling their console/ portable. I say keep it cuz you know your going to want it really bad later and feel like an ass for selling it. Luckily for you, you borrowed money from your mom. I don't think shill rush you too much on paying her back. You have alot of time to pay her back after you bought your graphic card. Not to mention you can pay her back little by little. Hope this helps.

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Phantasy Star Portable is enough reason for me to keep the PSP for a while.
But ya, if there's no upcoming games that you would like to play or old ones to replay, the new monitor + vid card is the way to go.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It's true that I won't have to pay my mom back ASAP. However, I don't like to be in debt, and she already told me she would only let me borrow the money for the monitor, not the monitor and the graphics card.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BUt you can also pay back your mom and save up for the graphics card simultaneously since your mom isn't in too much a rush.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
BUt you can also pay back your mom and save up for the graphics card simultaneously since your mom isn't in too much a rush.
True, but I don't get allowance or have a job. Therefore, my only way of making money is selling/trading. So if I don't sell the PSP, then there is little to no chance of me getting a new card.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Also, take a look at Monster Hunter Freedom 2 if you like boss fights.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am playing prinny:CIRBTH? right now as I type this
tongue.gif

It rules.
I say sell. There will be a price drop eventually, and you could probably get one for cheap in the future if you want it again.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a pretty power efficient card, but some computer manufacturers put really shoddy power supplies in their computers.

Before you think about selling anything, pop open the door on your computer and make sure that your power supply is at least 300 watts (the requirement for that card).

Unfortunately I've had many a friend strapped for cash looking for a cheap graphics upgrade, only to find out their low-cost OEM system had a 250w or 200w PSU :\

Dr.Stiles

Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
War said:
dinofan01 said:
True, but I don't get allowance or have a job. Therefore, my only way of making money is selling/trading. So if I don't sell the PSP, then there is little to no chance of me getting a new card.

You're 17 and you don't get an allowance OR have a job? You should get a part-time job. It's good for you!

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I wouldn't sell it. That's just one more thing you'll probably re-buy later, and in the long run, lose money on. But, if you're that impatient, and you don't have anything else to sell, go for it. Just make sure you back up all those game saves.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm... well, I guess I might keep it, I'm not sure yet. I didn't get the kind of replies I was expecting, lol. I think if I sold it though, I probably wouldn't regret it. I sold my Wii and it was probably one of the best decisions I ever made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hi