Hit VR game Beat Saber will be leaving early access soon, will be getting a level editor

f932a1f72ab50ade16feae898cfda6340444bdd4.jpg

When it comes to standout VR titles, Beat Saber is usually near the top of the pack, with the indie rhythm game having been incredibly well-received ever since it began early access in May 2018. After a full year of development, the game is finally ready to leave behind its early access label and prepare for an official launch. Beat Saber will launch on May 21st, coincidentally on the same day the Oculus Quest will release. Once the game goes live, officially, a level editor will be added to the game, letting players make their own custom levels for their music. If you haven't had the chance to try Beat Saber out, then the development team is giving players one last chance to buy it at the price point of $19.99, before the cost will increase to $29.99. (For Steam at least, as the PSVR version is already $29.99).

:arrow: Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only issue I see is the copyright issue of songs, you wont exactly be allowed to use "X" song then upload it along with the map onto their servers so any person can dl it
will you only be allowed to use their built in songs?

I also wish there was an auto generate map option, plug in any song and the game will scan it and build a map.

Automatically generated charts are universally garbage in any rhythm game that supports them, so you're not missing much. As for copyrighted songs, there might not even be an official chart uploading website. There's already unofficial ones though.

johnboyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The quest can play beatsaber without a computer and costs 400$. It launches on may 21st. You could also buy a rift s for 400$ but if you dont have a gaming computer powerful enough then you will have to make some upgrades or buy a new computer which will make it cost a lot more.

No custom songs on the quest and not crossbuy. So you pay the same price and get less game

Reactions: gamemasteru03

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One two seven three..

Yeah, saw this game on TikTok and it made me get that feeling of deep seated desire.

I am so poor I haven't even got a battery for my laptop rn.

The game doesn't look fun, it IS.

Source: ex Osu! nerd.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
imagine having hundreds of friends

lonely gamers rise up

On another note, I've got a VR capable PC. How much would it cost me for a decent headset?
If you don't mind inside out tracking and cheap feeling controllers, most Windows Mixed Reality headsets can be had for cheap as fuck. I spent $160 on mine, and it works great. Nearly every game that supports SteamVR supports WMR, and I've only come across a couple games that have issues with the inside out tracking.

It's a pretty good entry point into VR, if you want to try and see if it's something you're interested in.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I really want to play this game but I cant play cause I dont have any vr headset :/ Anyone know how to play beat saber without vr headset? Or at least only with a motion controllers?

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pretty much why I bought VR. It's incredibly fun. The level editor is nice to see since the custom songs now are a bit jank to use, though not terrible.

Here's some weeb Beat Saber, I love the way this dude makes videos

It's also a hell of an exercise to play.

By the definition of weeb, that's not a weeb tho. The player is a real Japanese.

BTW, does anyone know if this game runs on Windows mixed reality headset?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I really want to play this game but I cant play cause I dont have any vr headset :/ Anyone know how to play beat saber without vr headset? Or at least only with a motion controllers?
Nope. It's a VR game, can't play without VR.

BTW, does anyone know if this game runs on Windows mixed reality headset?
Yes, it works with WMR.

AceX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My wife and I love this game, it's probably the whole reason we didn't sell the Rift when It became too much of a pain to set up every time we wanted to use it. It wasn't like selling the VR, it was like selling Beat Saber, we just couldn't lol.
Dead and buried is also brilliant for anyone who hasn't tried it.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they now also add that level editor to the Quest version, I'd instabuy one.

Having no custom songs kept me from considering any other version than the one on Steam.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Come to think of it, you can play it without VR. Just watch a YouTube video and pretend to hit them with your hands :)

If any GBAtemp members get VR, maybe I can sway them to Rec Room :ph34r:

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much would that cost?
As others have mentioned, Windows Mixed Reality headsets go on sale relatively often, so you could snag a headset for $180 - $200. Otherwise, PSVR exists for about $250 to $300. eBay or local game shops may have deals on PSVR. Either way, VR is really fun to get into and I can't recommend Beat Saber enough.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat Saber tricks you into exercising. It is evil. Last week I downloaded some new maps and didn’t get to bed until 2AM and was completely drenched in sweat from playing for 2 hours.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: Mama Looigi

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Beat Saber tricks you into exercising. It is evil. Last week I downloaded some new maps and didn’t get to bed until 2AM and was completely drenched I sweat fromplaying for 2 hours.
That’s a compliment in a way, because that means you played it until 2AM after you downloaded new maps :P

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-