Hit VR game Beat Saber will be leaving early access soon, will be getting a level editor

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, May 15, 2019.

Front-page
    f932a1f72ab50ade16feae898cfda6340444bdd4.

When it comes to standout VR titles, Beat Saber is usually near the top of the pack, with the indie rhythm game having been incredibly well-received ever since it began early access in May 2018. After a full year of development, the game is finally ready to leave behind its early access label and prepare for an official launch. Beat Saber will launch on May 21st, coincidentally on the same day the Oculus Quest will release. Once the game goes live, officially, a level editor will be added to the game, letting players make their own custom levels for their music. If you haven't had the chance to try Beat Saber out, then the development team is giving players one last chance to buy it at the price point of $19.99, before the cost will increase to $29.99. (For Steam at least, as the PSVR version is already $29.99).

:arrow: Source

Lycanroc, KiiWii, x65943 and 4 others like this.
    Discussion (34 replies)
  1. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Well thank god for the level editor, because they keep trying to break the custom songs interface/add-on.

Orangy57 likes this.
  2. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    This game alone has almost sold me entirely on the idea of getting a VR setup

grey72, KiiWii, x65943 and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr. Looigi

Mr. Looigi UwU

Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Rec Center
    I can’t wait for this! I’m about to get Beat Saber because I’ve asked hundreds of friends if it’s good and all positive answers

4. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Damn, I didn't even know it was still in early access, when I played it I thought it was a full game @_@

Kubez likes this.
  5. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It is a ton of fun. Really gets you into the rhythm of the music. Sairento VR is one of the few gems I'd rank in front of it.

Last edited by Xzi, May 15, 2019
    gamemasteru03 and Mr. Looigi like this.
  6. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Pretty much why I bought VR. It's incredibly fun. The level editor is nice to see since the custom songs now are a bit jank to use, though not terrible.

Here's some weeb Beat Saber, I love the way this dude makes videos

It's also a hell of an exercise to play.

x65943 and Mr. Looigi like this.
  7. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Its great that they are adding offical support for making custom songs. Custom songs make the game 100x better and the game already is pretty good.

Mr. Looigi and Xzi like this.
  8. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Key word: “Almost”

grey72 and KiiWii like this.
  9. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    This is one of the few VR games I liked enough to buy after I got my WMR headset. Quite good, glad to see an official level editor since they keep killing custom mods.

10. jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer Neato Burrito!

Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    in ur orbit
    Wait, Beat Saber was early access??

11. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    How much would that cost?

12. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    The quest can play beatsaber without a computer and costs 400$. It launches on may 21st. You could also buy a rift s for 400$ but if you dont have a gaming computer powerful enough then you will have to make some upgrades or buy a new computer which will make it cost a lot more.

13. TheTechWiz25

TheTechWiz25 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 27, 2017
    United States
    God that's expensive

14. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    This game ia on my VR list, if I ever get the dough.

15. Seriel

Seriel Watching the days pass by

GBAtemp Patron
    Seriel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales, UK
    This game alone is the entire reason I have a VR setup.
    Powerful stuff.

gamemasteru03, Mr. Looigi and Chary like this.
  16. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    imagine having hundreds of friends

lonely gamers rise up

On another note, I've got a VR capable PC. How much would it cost me for a decent headset?

Last edited by Nerdtendo, May 15, 2019
    Elemi and Mr. Looigi like this.
  17. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    It's like Guitar Hero with your body. Nice, but VR is still not ready, so I don't want to invest any money in it.

18. Mr. Looigi

Mr. Looigi UwU

Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    Rec Center
    Well, the Oculus Rift’s price just dropped down to 350$ since the Oculus Quest is coming out in a few weeks. I’d recommend the Rift for people who know what they’re doing. As for steam’s HTC Vive, it’s around 700$ but simpler and easier to set up. Not sure how much a Windows Mixed Reality headset costs, but it’s by far the easiest to set up, with only one wire for everything combined. I’d say to get an Oculus headset (not the quest), because the Oculus Rift and Rift S (the wireless version) are compatible with Steam games. The HTC Vive however, is only compatible with Oculus games using third-party apps, with limitations.
    The Oculus Rift is no longer available in America, I’m not sure about other countries, which means you’d have to get it imported if you’re American. The Rift S is wireless and connects to your PC, but has medium controller latency.
    Basically:
    Oculus Rift S, 400$, a bit more difficult to set up. Way more compatible with apps from external sources
    HTC Vive, 500$, Easier to set up, but way less compatibility (pretty much only works normally with steam vr games)
    Windows Mixed Reality, I don‘t know the price, takes barely any effort to set up, not the most third-party compatible

19. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    The only issue I see is the copyright issue of songs, you wont exactly be allowed to use "X" song then upload it along with the map onto their servers so any person can dl it
    will you only be allowed to use their built in songs?

I also wish there was an auto generate map option, plug in any song and the game will scan it and build a map.