Hit the ds on my desk

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by TwinBlades, Aug 30, 2008.

Aug 30, 2008

Hit the ds on my desk by TwinBlades at 5:52 PM (1,401 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Hi, I was playing Animal Crossing world wide and I accidently hit my ds (bottom) on my desk and the game suddenly stopped. I turned off my ds and turned it back on and booted up Cyclods. The bar went all the way then froze so I turned the ds off and took out the Cyclods and blew the inside of the ds and took out the microsd and blew inside of the Cyclods. After doing so the cyclods seemed to work again. Anyone knows what happend? Think I have a defective Cyclods? Is the Cyclods fragile?

Thanks guys I'm so paranoid lol:D

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well all DS carts are fragile with their size and weight. But I think you just shook the DS cart holder and/or the MicroSD card in the Cyclo. My games sometimes freeze when I hit my DS on something. But don't worry, just try not to do it to much or your DS might like, die o.o;

3. claudekennilol

Member claudekennilol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm, fragile isn't the word I'd use to describe a DS lite.. I usually tell people they're tanks. I mean, I've dropped mine more times than I care to admit, it still works awesomely. Now the CycloDS itself I wouldn't describe as such, after just a week the casing was already splitting, but that doesn't effect its performance (not that I could tell, at least). And on the topic of AC:WW. I was leaving from a friends dorm, slipped in the snow, my DSL flew out of my inner coat pocket and thudded across the lightly snow-covered sidewalk. Anyways, a few hours after I got home I went to play AC:WW, only to find that it was gone. I ended up finding it buried under the snow on the sidewalk. I also inadvertently dropped a few GBA games in the snow once and missed picking up a couple--when they were found in the spring they still worked. So while the cart itself might be fragile, I'll stand by the DS is a tank.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You temporarily dislocated a connecting pin. That's why it didn't work when you turned it back on, but after you took it out and put it back in (blowing it makes no difference), it worked again.

Same thing happens if you drop the DS.

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That story about your AC:WW cart in the snow, and finding it until spring, is amazing. You would think the melted watery snow would affect the ACWW game slots on the card or something...

6. LuOmeoga

Member LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My brother put his Diamond game in the wash and it still works perfectly. I was shocked. o.o

7. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If it's working what exactly is the problem?

8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Nintendo DS Carts are made of the strongest and most durable parts known to man.

9. LuOmeoga

Member LuOmeoga GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Must be. The DS is strong itself too.

10. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Not only that, it can also rusts your contacts and hurt the DS in the long run, so blowing into your DS is not recommended!

11. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    I didnt want to make a new topic but I'm going to call this the blue screen of death. I just came back from a movie and turned on my ds. The cyclods loaded up then somehow just turned all blue. Only the top screen it's like blue as this websites background or a bit darker. Anyone knows? :S

12. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try pulling the card then inserting it. Then you could first try formatting the sd card. If you still get the blue screen of death then maybe your cyclo has a hardware problem and could be returned.

13. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Yup, DS carts are generally really sturdy, I washed Yoshi touch and Go twice.. Still works great.