Hidden gems for our NES Classics

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by VoodooRage, Feb 22, 2017.

1. VoodooRage
    OP

VoodooRage Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Hey Guys, I know we are all busy continually tweaking our new toys but I would love to talk actual games (if any of us every take to time to actually PLAY them... lol...).

A few of my favorites:

Adventure of Lolo (NES)

[​IMG]

Puzzle game where you slide things around and collect hearts. Tons of unique strategy for every level. I played this one all the way through and loved it.

Comix Zone (Genesis)

[​IMG]

Really cool beat-em up that has a unique format where you are actually fighting through the panels of the comic book. Watching the hero swing to the next panel is a great animation.

Tetris Battle Gaiden (SNES)

[​IMG]

I am a Tetris nut and I also love Puzzle Fighter (another game you can play on your Nintendo Classic). This is a Japanese port so you might look up the FAQ to read how to play. It is played as normal Tetris against an opponent. You get to save up powers and use them again your opponent to mess them up or on yourself to help clear areas. Each character has their own completely unique set of powers. Super fun with 2 players and you can use the 2 button controller. Great music and animation.

2. koffieleut

koffieleut GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2009
    Netherlands
    probably at home
    The first game I added was Gryzor with translation.
    It's plain old Contra with awesome animated sprites, a story and better music.

3. Hanafuda

Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Try Insector X. It's just a Famicom version (I wouldn't really say it's a 'port') of a side scrolling arcade shooter, but the music and atmosphere of the game is very enjoyable.

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Tiny toons adventures.
    Hello Kitty no Ohanabatake.
    Felix the Cat.

5. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    These might not be hidden gems for everyone, but these were my favorites from the burned BioSNES CD I was giving in 9th grade.

Shatterhand NES

Metal Storm NES

Air Fortress