Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

SuperSonicRacer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does HID to VPAD even work? I'm trying to use my HORI Switch Controller, and for the life of me, it won't work. I selected Pro Controller 1 on the left side, pressed a button on the controller, and it just won't do anything, even though I downloaded the Config File. Anyone have any ideas to make it work?

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does HID to VPAD even work? I'm trying to use my HORI Switch Controller, and for the life of me, it won't work. I selected Pro Controller 1 on the left side, pressed a button on the controller, and it just won't do anything, even though I downloaded the Config File. Anyone have any ideas to make it work?

Did you press A *on the Gamepad* once you scrolled to / clicked on the Pro Controller 1 box? It won’t listen to anything you press on the Horipad until you press A on the Gamepad to bring up the ‘Press any button on the controller’ prompt. That’s fooled me a couple of times : p.

Can you get it to act as the Gamepad? I have managed to get both the Horipad and an 8bitdo controller working in that mode, but haven’t experimented much with the Pro Controller mode.

Last edited by emcintosh,

xLothwenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to swap the left analog stick and the D-pad? This would make Oddworld: New and Tasty playable. (D-pad would trigger max value analog input, maybe analog stick threshold could be configurable.)

thegamingbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately I'm facing the same issue with RetroArch on PC (e.g. in Super Mario 64) but that hasn't anything to do with HID to VPAD or it's ini files. Just sayin'. :/
not sure if you found out how to make it work properly, but for the switch pro controller to work properly on pc, you need to calibrate it in windows

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to swap the left analog stick and the D-pad? This would make Oddworld: New and Tasty playable. (D-pad would trigger max value analog input, maybe analog stick threshold could be configurable.)

The '5.d Adding a new controller' part of the config wiki suggests not.

Presumably because digital buttons expect to have a value of zero when not pressed, and add 1, 2, 4 or 8 to a digit when pressed, whereas analog sticks expect neutral to be 80, and either side to be 00 and FF.

If your controller stores D-pad values like a stick (rather than each direction adding 1,2,4,8 to a single digit, or having separate readings for 8 directions and neutral), you should be able to say in the config file that those bytes should register as left stick.

But I'm not sure how you can make the data from a stick register as digital input - I have analog triggers registering as digital ZL and ZR because all the values in one byte after half-way pressed have the first digit's '8' value active, but I only need to register off/on rather than left-neutral-right. You could try using 'DPAD_MODE = DPAD_Absolute_2Values', but this will only register an input when the stick is fully (at least 127/128ths) pressed, and possibly won't register diagonals at all, if your stick doesn't send 00/FF in both axes at 45°.

xLothwenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You reiterated what I said, with more words. Yes, but there exists a possibility for code to be written to do this mapping. With configurable thresholds.

emui81

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting a black screen after applying the patches and the Wii U menu doesn't load. Everything else up to that point works fine. Would anyone happen to know why?

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States

Ehb33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can you use an xbox one controller over usb or would you need to use the pc client? I would really like to just be able to plug in my controller and not have to bother running extra apps on my pc.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime i use the new version of hid to vpad it freezes on a black screen and also when i try to use the mouse (with older version) on call of duty black ops 2, it doesnt work for aiming but it works on the wii u menu, there is anyway to fix those problems?

GregMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My controller isn't recognized anymore and I don't know why. Is there any possibility to reset the WiiU HID settings of the USB-controllers I used before?

Franciscop98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey, Iv'e got this problem with the program. It just doesn't work. I have a Generic USB controller, and I already made a config for it, the wii u in Wii mode recognizes it, and everything is (suposedly) fine but when I launch HID to Vpad, the controller stops responding. I need help.

The controller is a PS2-Like Blueloong generic controller. I'm leaving the .ini file I made and have been trying to use in .txt form, if it helps. Thanks.

Attachments

• Generic USB Controller.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 162

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM