Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
This is great. I've been using the WaveBird to play Mario Kart 8 and it's surprisingly lag free with 0.9b. Every so often it seems to "forget" that the WaveBird is there though, for example if I leave it on idle or press HOME on the Gamepad and leave it there too long as well.

What would be nice is if I could remap the START/PAUSE button to be multi function. By that I mean, with the Mayflash GC Wiimote adapter pressing START once is START (+), twice is SELECT (-) and holding down for a few seconds is HOME. Would this be possible? Or maybe using the Z key as a modifier for the missing trigger, like Z + Y = ZL.

Anyway I like what we're seeing so far. Can't wait for the next version to drop, will it be 0.9c or 1.0?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to make sure I get this right, this screen is what appears after you press plus? I haven't used my Wii U for about a month or so.
No, thats the old screen. When you press PLUS the system menu is loaded. http://puu.sh/qyPgv/98a8ff18c1.jpg is currently the replacement of this., missing the information.

What would be nice is if I could remap the START/PAUSE button to be multi function. By that I mean, with the Mayflash GC Wiimote adapter pressing START once is START (+), twice is SELECT (-) and holding down for a few seconds is HOME. Would this be possible? Or maybe using the Z key as a modifier for the missing trigger, like Z + Y = ZL.
Implemented since day one. Check out the wiki for default mapping: https://github.com/Maschell/control...he-GameCube-controller#default-button-mapping

Reactions: Deleted User

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
xbox360 wireless controller + Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows
will work ?
If he could get the Xbox 360 wireless receiver to work, or especially the new receiver for Xbox One controllers, he would be a wizard. However, I don't think it would work, because they are Xinput and require drivers, they don't use the normal USB protocols.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maschell, if you want I have a DS3 and a DS4.
I don't have lot of free time but I could give it a try if you want to test multiple different controller type at the same time.

I don't have a gamecube adapter, only these two different USB controllers.

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If he could get the Xbox 360 wireless receiver to work, or especially the new receiver for Xbox One controllers, he would be a wizard. However, I don't think it would work, because they are Xinput and require drivers, they don't use the normal USB protocols.
You can always use a CronusMax Pro between your controller and the USB port. This adapter can read your Xbox controllers and then spoof them as a DualShock 3 for example.

professorjackkk2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be a spoiled when it comes to quality software and I've spotted more issues.

If you VERY SLOWLY move the mouse there will be no movement in Splatoon. However, with the same mouse if I slowly move it in Windows eventually the cursor will move a pixel up.
The this has came full circle, sniping targets from a far distance with subtle movements will result in no camera movement at all.
(This has been tested with 3 different mice, all same issue)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can always use a CronusMax Pro between your controller and the USB port. This adapter can read your Xbox controllers and then spoof them as a DualShock 3 for example.
Wait, this is what I was waiting for.
Did you test it by any chance? Would it work with the wireless receivers as well or would I have to use my XB1 gamepad (for PC) wired to the console?

Using the best controller on the best console would make my dreams become true. :P

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country

Nice, thanks. Any way to emulate the HOME button? Or possibility to get the pad working as a Wii Classic Controller in Wii Mode? Somehow Nintendont supports the USB breakout box for GC games and I wondered if there was a way to make this work in the whole Wii mode... I'm guessing not due to the reboot/downclock thing it does.

Oh one other thing... soon as I put this in SD card's apps folder Loadiine can no longer be seen in HBL. I read that it uses the same kexploit a few pages back but surely that's not why it's disappeared?

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, this is what I was waiting for.
Did you test it by any chance? Would it work with the wireless receivers as well or would I have to use my XB1 gamepad (for PC) wired to the console?

Using the best controller on the best console would make my dreams become true. :P
I have tried it with an Xbox360 controller + wireless adapter and it did indeed work :) According to their manual it also works with the Xbox One controller (wired). I'm sure the Xbox One wireless adapter works also on the CronusMax Pro (as did my 360 wireless adapter). Just make sure to buy the "newer" model called "CronusMax Pro" and switch Output protocol to PS3. Works wonders!! :)
http://cronusmax.com/manual/xbox_one_controller_connecting_to_ps3.htm

Last edited by myuuji,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have tried it with an Xbox360 controller + wireless adapter and it did indeed work :) According to their manual it also works with the Xbox One controller (wired). I'm sure the Xbox One wireless adapter works also on the CronusMax Pro (as did my 360 wireless adapter). Just make sure to buy the "newer" model called "CronusMax Pro" and switch Output protocol to PS3. Works wonders!! :)
http://cronusmax.com/manual/xbox_one_controller_connecting_to_ps3.htm
Yeah, shortly after I posted here I found a few infos through google.
But to be honest, I think Xbox One wouldn't work wireless. They would have written it for sure if it would and since M$ screwed around with the protocol and drivers to make it Windows 10 only I think it's not that easy to implement by Cronus.
I've got both, an 360 and a XB1 controller and both are great but the XB1 controller is much much better thanks to it's "real" D-pad. I guess I'll wait for the next CronusMax Pro release but as soon as it works (or I found a manual in the www) I'll buy it along with another 3 XB1 controllers to have the ultimate setup for my Wii U.
Thanks alot mate! :)

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got both, an 360 and a XB1 controller and both are great but the XB1 controller is much much better thanks to it's "real" D-pad.

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day who's a big gamer and he said almost exactly the same thing, that XB1 Elite has a d-pad that makes other modern controllers look terrible. Something about how much more accurate you can be in certain games but you have to train yourself out of bad habits you picked up using all the other controllers.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was talking with a friend of mine the other day who's a big gamer and he said almost exactly the same thing, that XB1 Elite has a d-pad that makes other modern controllers look terrible. Something about how much more accurate you can be in certain games but you have to train yourself out of bad habits you picked up using all the other controllers.
Yep, that D-pad is a game changer. As far as I know it was forbidden for other controllers but Ninty ones to use it due to a patent of Ninty which ran out so the XB1 controller has it. Playing Wii U with it would be like a wet dream since it's a bit heavier and a bit bigger for my long fingers. :P

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may be a spoiled when it comes to quality software and I've spotted more issues.

If you VERY SLOWLY move the mouse there will be no movement in Splatoon. However, with the same mouse if I slowly move it in Windows eventually the cursor will move a pixel up.
The this has came full circle, sniping targets from a far distance with subtle movements will result in no camera movement at all.
(This has been tested with 3 different mice, all same issue)
Can you try the mouse with HID-Test and see if the values are changing when the mouse is moving "very slowly"? If not, I can't do anything about it. If the values are changing, it'll be fixed as soons as I add an option for sensitivity

Nice, thanks. Any way to emulate the HOME button? Or possibility to get the pad working as a Wii Classic Controller in Wii Mode? Somehow Nintendont supports the USB breakout box for GC games and I wondered if there was a way to make this work in the whole Wii mode... I'm guessing not due to the reboot/downclock thing it does.

I tried to find something to trigger the home menu, but had no success. Even if I would find one, you still couldn't use your HID-Controller in it, because all HID-Devices get detached.
The Wiimode is using a different API and in a different "console mode". It is possible to something like this for the Wii, but you may need to make a new version for every game (or at least SDK version). Hooking into Wii functions is much harder (static linked vs. dynamic linked), so Wii won't happen (not implemeted by me in near future).

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to find something to trigger the home menu, but had no success. Even if I would find one, you still couldn't use your HID-Controller in it, because all HID-Devices get detached.
The Wiimode is using a different API and in a different "console mode". It is possible to something like this for the Wii, but you may need to make a new version for every game (or at least SDK version). Hooking into Wii functions is much harder (static linked vs. dynamic linked), so Wii won't happen (not implemeted by me in near future).

I had a feeling the answer would be something like that. No worries, I already have the Mayflash adapters anyway. This hack is still super useful for games that force you to use the Gamepad, i.e. Arkham City or Human Revolution.

D

Deleted User

Can't figure out how. My process:

Use latest HID to VPAD
Launch Homebrew Launcher via browser exploit
Run HID to VPAD, Wii U goes back to Home Menu
Launch Homebrew Launcher via browser exploit again crashes, so can't use this method, so just launch Mii Maker instead
Run Loadiine
Controllers don't work

I know it's a compatible controller because it works with disc-based and legitimate downloaded games. Can someone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU