x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to download NDS roms from romhustler.com but most downloads are removed so I just tried any site I could find. I also tried to convert them into rar files but it didn't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already reported his comment since he was already harassing me on another post of mine. I already "ignore" him since he won't stop. I guess the best thing you can do is to report him. Just fyi I'm not a guy :D
You're gonna have to find .nds files

But unfortunately it is against forum rules to tell you exactly where to find roms

Try extracting that .RAR file and tell me if it has .nds inside

I can tell you all those .exe files are fake/malware

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're gonna have to find .nds files

But unfortunately it is against forum rules to tell you exactly where to find roms

Try extracting that .RAR file and tell me if it has .nds inside

I can tell you all those .exe files are fake/malware

I can't find any sites to download german roms. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't have much motivation left to look for other roms

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find any sites to download german roms. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't have much motivation left to look for other roms
Well I guess you'll have to look again tomorrow when you're less tired.

English ones are easier to come by of course, and a good way to practice an important second language - so you can start there.

Just try to get at least one .nds on there so you can show yourself it works. But yeah I am confident that's the only issue here.

Last edited by x65943,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tw_fan As already said… your files all (but one) have the same (tooooo small) size and are Windows executables. This is a common bad habit of many download pages. Be it legal computer magazines or freeware download portals… or illegal ROM sites.

Download an .exe file, start it, and the program (hopefully) downloads the file you wanted. This is in the best case a detour, and in the worst case malware – mostly it’s stupid adware (even on legal sites). Using such files is a bad idea.
There is one file with a bigger size in your screenshot – Pokemon Weisse Edition – that is shown as archive. Try unpacking it with WinRAR. It may contain the game – though I was not able to compress the ROM (from legit cartridge) smaller than about 65MB.
English ones are easier to come by of course, and a good way to practice an important second language - so you can start there.
Yes… but not in the case of Pokemon. Since the names of many Pokemon are different in each language and older Pokemon versions have trouble trading between languages it’s a special case. At least for me. I could never switch to an English version of Pokemon.

Besides Pokemon… there not that many purely German DS ROMs (mostly embarrassing shovelware I will not name here) – most DS games were published (with different packaging) the same across Europe – containing multiple languages. So search for the “Europe” or “E” versions of the games. For example: There is no
“Castlevania – Order of Ecclesia (Germany)” but there is
“Castlevania – Order of Ecclesia (En,Fr,De,Es,It)” although the package is different for each country:
Order of Ecclesia.jpg
If you search for older ROMs… On earlier Nintendo consoles (NES, SNES; GB(C)) each country often got it’s own version because more than one language on a cartridge would have increased the costs (bigger ROM chip). There are four different European ROMs of "Secret of Evermore" (English, French, German and Spanish).

Reactions: x65943

tw_fan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tw_fan As already said… your files all (but one) have the same (tooooo small) size and are Windows executables. This is a common bad habit of many download pages. Be it legal computer magazines or freeware download portals… or illegal ROM sites.

Download an .exe file, start it, and the program (hopefully) downloads the file you wanted. This is in the best case a detour, and in the worst case malware – mostly it’s stupid adware (even on legal sites). Using such files is a bad idea.
There is one file with a bigger size in your screenshot – Pokemon Weisse Edition – that is shown as archive. Try unpacking it with WinRAR. It may contain the game – though I was not able to compress the ROM (from legit cartridge) smaller than about 65MB.

Yes… but not in the case of Pokemon. Since the names of many Pokemon are different in each language and older Pokemon versions have trouble trading between languages it’s a special case. At least for me. I could never switch to an English version of Pokemon.

Besides Pokemon… there not that many purely German DS ROMs (mostly embarrassing shovelware I will not name here) – most DS games were published (with different packaging) the same across Europe – containing multiple languages. So search for the “Europe” or “E” versions of the games. For example: There is no
“Castlevania – Order of Ecclesia (Germany)” but there is
“Castlevania – Order of Ecclesia (En,Fr,De,Es,It)” although the package is different for each country:
View attachment 160407
If you search for older ROMs… On earlier Nintendo consoles (NES, SNES; GB(C)) each country often got it’s own version because more than one language on a cartridge would have increased the costs (bigger ROM chip). There are four different European ROMs of "Secret of Evermore" (English, French, German and Spanish).

Thank you for the advice I finally got some nds games now

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah Dinoh psi wants you to destroy his booty +1