Hi, Im new, and I hate the WiiU

advancedbarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my WiiU a few years back (via Nintendont maybe) and I was hoping to get back into it, but I needed help identifying what I ever did to it in the first place. I made my account and got started reading a bunch of guides to get back on track because I've been dying for some F-Zero GX.

Then it hit me, and its hit me before...

I fucking hate the Wii U.

Especially the gamepad and any amount of cool functionality isn't going to make me like it ever again. <-- This is irrational. I was just describing my reasons for why I am here. Not interested in fostering a thread for venting.

Just wanted to say hi!

I hacked my 3DS this week and also realized I hate the 3DS but I still like tinkering with it anyway. (I also hate the Vita and abandoned that last year.)

Last edited by advancedbarkness,
Reactions: Xzi

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does an angry poster have to do with me?

I fucking hate the Wii U.

shopping

That's an $18,000 mirror.

Glad you were able to see yourself in it.

No offense, but I'm trying to save you from something you might regret later.

-----------
Image broke, so here
View attachment 168734

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can get behind this. The Wii U was a pretty terrible console conceptually. Not as terrible as the Virtual Boy, but still among Nintendo's worst creations for sure. The marketing definitely didn't help, and having a gamepad with a screen is not a good reason to lag so far behind the other consoles in power anyway. Having a console that's also a portable is a good reason for the relative lack of power, however. If Switch had released in place of Wii U back in 2012, it might have been boasting better sales numbers than PS4 by now.

advancedbarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get behind this. The Wii U was a pretty terrible console conceptually. Not as terrible as the Virtual Boy, but still among Nintendo's worst creations for sure. The marketing definitely didn't help, and having a gamepad with a screen is not a good reason to lag so far behind the other consoles in power anyway. Having a console that's also a portable is a good reason for the relative lack of power, however. If Switch had released in place of Wii U back in 2012, it might have been boasting better sales numbers than PS4 by now.
These are definitely reasons to hate the Wii U, but my problems are much more irrational and personal. I don't think venting in message boards without reason is healthy.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire and Xzi

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• damn.png
    damn.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 238

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
These are definitely reasons to hate the Wii U, but my problems are much more irrational and personal. I don't think venting in message boards without reason is healthy.
Yeah I wouldn't say I truly hate it, it was just a huge missed opportunity after the momentum Nintendo had built with Wii. Not sure how they expected a smooth transition from motion controls to touchscreen controls. So many more concepts they could've explored.

Reactions: advancedbarkness

CherryBoy16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really hate the Wii u, try installing homebrew on the virtual wii! You'll be amazed with the different customizations you can make

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

advancedbarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really hate the Wii u, try installing homebrew on the virtual wii! You'll be amazed with the different customizations you can make

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
This is good advice, I thoroughly enjoyed messing with my Wii when i came out and it served as valuable experience to the scene back in the day.

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. This is a hilarious post. Well, welcome to the forums. Hopefully you enjoy yourself here and don't hate the console to the point where you won't work on it. Sometimes a console really sucks until its hacked and modded.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my Wii U bought after I got my Switch and played Botw it helped fuel my Zelda addiction that was missing for a long time, now it's my Retro Console like my PS3 fat

the wifi display could have worked properly if they included a wall plugin transmitter and required it to be hardwired this way you would have a steady picture in any room you wanted to play in

Wii = U should have meant "United" linking all the consoles at the time which once again was a copy of the PS3 the tablet acted as what the PSP was supposed to do (once sony switch it up this had a rippling effect with backwards compatibility)

Hacked it's great, have all my family games on it so I can play with the kids nes/snes/gb/gba/n64/gamecube/wii/wii u one system to "Unite" them all :)

one of the main gripes was people wanted the portability so now we have the Switch which has no backwards compatibility but with game streaming being the future hopefully that's the route they go.

Last edited by Teletron1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_