Hacking Hi, I'm needing help with WBSF Manager with adding files

ProphetZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program pops up errors whenever I try to add all of my games to prepare for transfer to my HDD. I'm thinking it's because of some of the games being over 4 gigs like Xenoblade Chronicles being over 6 gigs. Am I stuck only being able to play games under 5 gigs or is there another way to play the games I got on my HDD to my Wii?

ProphetZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also might as well ask about my gamecube ISO's also. I use Dios Mios and when transferring the GC ISO's over and open the program it only shows about half of the ISO files. Anyone know why?

ProphetZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the hdd is formated with fat32 (as it should) you need to split them.
you should use http://wiibackupmanager.co.uk/ it does that automatically and is better than the other manager

edit: this is for wii games. not gc

Ah ok I'll try that and see. I didn't think it mattered since I had to format the HD to wbsf format anyhow with the manager. It gave me errors before I could even upload all the ISO files onto the program about the size.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ah ok I'll try that and see. I didn't think it mattered since I had to format the HD to wbsf format anyhow with the manager. It gave me errors before I could even upload all the ISO files onto the program about the size.
you formatted it as wbfs?
format it to fat32, GC games don't work with a wbfs drive
and fat32 is more stable...

ProphetZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you formatted it as wbfs?
format it to fat32, GC games don't work with a wbfs drive
and fat32 is more stable...

Yeah the HD I did with the back up manager for my Wii ISO files. The other HD I use for my GC games I use Dios Mios and that hard drive is Fat32.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah the HD I did with the back up manager for my Wii ISO files. The other HD I use for my GC games I use Dios Mios and that hard drive is Fat32.

*HDD
ok, format your wii drive with fat32 use wii backup manager to copy the files, at first time its hard to understand how it works. you have to select the hard drive to disk 1 or disk 2 tab, then put the games on the first (or other tab) use the checkbox and choose to transfer...

it should work.
there is options for splitting but it should automatically split the games...

can you explain in more detail about the GC games, what you did and what is the issue?
you can use 1 HDD for both..

ProphetZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*HDD
ok, format your wii drive with fat32 use wii backup manager to copy the files, at first time its hard to understand how it works. you have to select the hard drive to disk 1 or disk 2 tab, then put the games on the first (or other tab) use the checkbox and choose to transfer...

it should work.
there is options for splitting but it should automatically split the games...

can you explain in more detail about the GC games, what you did and what is the issue?
you can use 1 HDD for both..

Ok I'll give that a try after a while here. I didn't think I'd get a response so quickly this morning lol. When researching how to play Gamecube and Wii back ups I didn't think I could use 1 HDD for both from a youtube video I watched. I already have 2 HDDs that are just big enough for each folder anyhow haha. With the GC games I downloaded DiosMios onto my homebrew and even used the DMToolbox program for the original ISO files. I added those files all to my usb flash drive and when I loaded the DiosMios program on my Wii, only about half of the games appeared for some reason.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
are you updating the cache on the loader? refreshing it for the games?
the problem with youtube videos and tutorials is probably they are outdated...
and most of them will have you to download old outdated stuff...
or don't give you a choice of what works best for you...

ProphetZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you updating the cache on the loader? refreshing it for the games?
the problem with youtube videos and tutorials is probably they are outdated...
and most of them will have you to download old outdated stuff...
or don't give you a choice of what works best for you...

That's what I was thinking in regards to the youtube videos I used for researching all of this originally. Yeah I did all of that too. Is there an updated tutorial that's recent for playing Gamecube ISO files off a USB on the Wii? My Wii is 4.3 btw.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
That's what I was thinking in regards to the youtube videos I used for researching all of this originally. Yeah I did all of that too. Is there an updated tutorial that's recent for playing Gamecube ISO files off a USB on the Wii? My Wii is 4.3 btw.
download this syscheck
http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

run it, and post results here, if you have outdated cios etc.. you should update them..

dios mios only requires you to install the last cMIOS and a updated loader..
what loader are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/