Hi Folks, just a little bit of help with a new router, please???

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I GOT IT FIXED!

So i got a new router from XFinity. Everything is fine with our Wi-Fi. However, while my PS Vita works fine via WiFi, the Content Manager does not.

Basically, I cannot load images, movies, etc. to my Vita. I've reinstated the Wifi and password, and I've come up against the same issue. It asks me if I've got the CMA installed, and I hit "next" and it takes me back to the same screen. At one point, it asked me if I wanted to delete my old "device", and I hit "next", but it just cycles back to the same screen, so I'm stuck in a loop. And yes, "Network Connection Settings" is "CHECKED".

What I'm looKing for is the screen that pops up on my PC with a numeric code, to enter into my Vita. No matter what I try, I can't make the damned thing work.

Finally, I don't want to use QCMA, as I have had a better experience with CMA, especially with movies and custom thumbnails for them. More on that later though...

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it BIGTIME.

- Dizzy

EDIT: QCMA does NOT WORK EITHER.

:(

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide to hack your vita, it doesn’t even have to be permanent if you don’t want: https://vita.hacks.guide/using-henlo.html#instructions

Afterwards you can use tools like vitashell which lets you send files to the vita via ftp, also ways to patch the video app to load your own videos.

Hi, thank you for your reply. Ive been on Henlo/HenKaku/Enso since March of 2023. I guess I should have posted this. Anyway, working on this bug as we speak, if I make any progress I'll let people know in this thread. :)

Reactions: Plazorn and Tuhr

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thank you for your reply. Ive been on Henlo/HenKaku/Enso since March of 2023. I guess I should have posted this. Anyway, working on this bug as we speak, if I make any progress I'll let people know in this thread. :)
If you already have enso then you can just get vitashell and ftp files to the Vita without the need for content manager. You can then put the video player into debug mode by using this plugin: https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/VideoDebug_Vita
Which will allow you to play files without really importing them.

Reactions: ILuvGames

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I GOT IT FIXED!

So basically it was because we got a new router, Windows has it set to "Public Network" instead of "Private Network".

So I went into Network & Internet Settings, changed the network option to Private Network, and voila! Up and running!

Thanks to Plazorn and Peter8 for their assistance.

BOOYAH!!!
banger.gif

Reactions: ILuvGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto