Hhhmm Hacking?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BruceTerrell, Feb 8, 2012.

Feb 8, 2012

Hhhmm Hacking? by BruceTerrell at 6:15 PM (998 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. BruceTerrell
    OP

Newcomer BruceTerrell Member

I need to know some things on hacking. I need to know the Geeko OS codes and how to actually Extract/replace Textures for:
    The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
    The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
    Super Smash Bros Melee
    X-men Legends 1 and 2
    Final Fantasy Echoes in time
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Mini Ninjas
    and Super Mario Sunshine
    I own all these games so hopefully I can run the Hacks via SD card like Super Smash Bros Brawl. I saw the guide for Skyward Sword but I hope to run them on SD too if possible. As for these games I just want to do some small edits. The only major thing I want to do is change some attack & movement animations on the Zelda games and give mario some danm Melee attacks on Sunshine. Info and links accepted. THANK YOU!!!

P.S. anyone have any projects they want help on? I'm good with Story Developement, Designs (characters, weapons, clothes, ect.) Attacks, Mythology and other things. So give me a holler!

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Use Riivolution for file replacement, not Gecko codes. Gecko codes are buggy and need to be written/ported specifically for every single game, and they haven't been for most games. Riivolution on the other hand works perfectly with every single game.

EDIT: Ignore this. Riivolution won't work with GC games. Then again, nor will Gecko codes. That sort of cheat code will only work for Wii games, and like I said, has to be written specifically for each game. The only option is ripping the game, modifying the ISO and burning or loading with DML.

3. LinkFan16

Member LinkFan16 I link them all

Germany
    you realize that many of the listed titles are gamecube games right? so I doubt that riivolution will work here

4. SifJar

United Kingdom
    No I did not. I glanced, saw Twilight Princess and that it was in the Wii section, and assumed. My bad.

5. BruceTerrell
    OP

Well I saw custom texture hacks for both zelda games on the gamecube and SSBM so it must be possible. I've been google searching for days and have not found anything but videos of pics of the finished product. If anyone find anything at all please post the links here. I've got some models and ideas, but not a clue. thanks in advance!

6. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Like I said, the only way to do it is rip an ISO, modify the ISO and burn it or load it with DML. I never said it wasn't possible. I just pointed out it won't work with Gecko codes.

7. BruceTerrell
    OP

CRAP! Well thank you for the info. Whats DML? Riivolution won't work with Back-ups any suggestions for Rune Factory Frontier & Mini Ninjas? Reburning Iso's strain my Current laptop too much.

8. SifJar

United Kingdom
    DML is a GC loader for the Wii that loads games from the Wii's SD card. There are several topics on the forum about it, look around.

9. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden

Its even stickied in this very forum section :rolleyes:

Anyway... Editing stuff in a game isnt just a copy-paste job, and there arent that many tools around to help you. So you will need quite big knowledge of hex-editing etc if you plan on replacing anything but textures (and even textures can be a bitch sometimes).

10. BruceTerrell
    OP

Lucif3r You just solved a most of my problem! I'm looking for tools now and any links will be greatly appriciated. Is DML new? and is their a compatibility list?
    Honestly when I heard DML I thought you meant the Dolphin Emulater. I know it will be hard but I'm Willing.

Wait SD Card? Guess I have to get a bigger one.