ROM Hack HGSS Dumping: Given up?

AtomBlaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been on here a while, so I was wondering if people are still looking for ways to dump their Pokemon HGSS save or if they just gave up on it entirely.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
You can't really dump a save from a retail cart for free, as far as I know. Can't really help ya there.

Then you don't know much
tongue.gif
. It's called savsender. As far as HGSS, it obviously doesn't work since the OP is asking. I think most people have given up atm.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IgiveUgas said:
Then you don't know much
tongue.gif
. It's called savsender. As far as HGSS, it obviously doesn't work since the OP is asking. I think most people have given up atm.
I think Slyakin may have been including the cost of the hardware required to run savsender. Which is admittedly cheaper than the USB things but not so useful in the case of HG/SS.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
I think Slyakin may have been including the cost of the hardware required to run savsender. Which is admittedly cheaper than the USB things but not so useful in the case of HG/SS.

Cost of hardware? If someone is asking about backing up sav files from retail games, they already have all the hardware.... Flashcart, wireless router. Hmm...

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
IgiveUgas said:
Poryhack said:

Cost of hardware? If someone is asking about backing up sav files from retail games, they already have all the hardware.... Flashcart, wireless router. Hmm...

Why would you need a wireless router? If I'm not mistaken GBA Exploader can dump entire games from the Retail cart on to the flash cart, it worked for MMSF2.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
IgiveUgas said:
Poryhack said:

Why would you need a wireless router? If I'm not mistaken GBA Exploader can dump entire games from the Retail cart on to the flash cart, it worked for MMSF2.
GBA Exploader.. Keyword: GBA. HGSS is a DS platform which means it'll need some other form of homebrew to dump it. SavSender & Rudolph's NDS WiFi backup tool worked for all games except this one. ChaseSan's SavHax has a very low sucess rate. That homebrew will give an SAV each time, but only a couple will be valid; all others will be corrupt. You can check just by loading it through PokeSav.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
GBA Exploader.. Keyword: GBA. HGSS is a DS platform which means it'll need some other form of homebrew to dump it. SavSender & Rudolph's NDS WiFi backup tool worked for all games except this one. ChaseSan's SavHax has a very low sucess rate. That homebrew will give an SAV each time, but only a couple will be valid; all others will be corrupt. You can check just by loading it through PokeSav.

Its called GBA Exploader because you use a Slot 2 device for it to run. It can dump DS games and the Saves it has, it can even return said saves to the Retail Cart, though I dont think it would work for HG/SS, being a different cart style in all.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
Hakoda said:

Its called GBA Exploader because you use a Slot 2 device for it to run. It can dump DS games and the Saves it has, it can even return said saves to the Retail Cart, though I dont think it would work for HG/SS, being a different cart style in all.
No. NDS Backup Tool dumps DS games. For that matter you are confusing these two programs. GBA Exploader launches GBA games through an expansion pack. It also backups the save from the game you launch into your slot 1 micro sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy