ROM Hack HG/SS Translation Tutorial w/Thenewpoketext.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 24,161
  • Replies 77
Status
Not open for further replies.

pertile153

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
error in time to insert.
how to solve?

the NEW Poketext
© 2008/2009 loadingNOW
Romname:Cannot create temp Folder tmp_pkmss (this is no problem if it exsists an
d contains a complete rom)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 123, in
File "", line 59, in Rewrite
File "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/pokexml", line 28, in __init
__
File "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.minidom", line 1913,
in parse
File "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.expatbuilder", line
924, in parse
File "thenewpoketext\buildthenewpoketext\out1.pyz/xml.dom.expatbuilder", line
207, in parseFile
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 17998, colum
n 13
Pressione qualquer tecla para continuar. . .

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah guys I'll make a video and everything, I'm really busy atm though so I'll try to get it up when I'm not busy.

Ok I just realized I didn't add the a folder in the directory, my bad.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you have to add the font character packs from the internet... as a matter of fact you can download them from microsofts website, or a popup box should ask if you would like to download the language pack if your go to a site in a different language

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Epuls56: I was wondering if you could also put up a tutorial on how to upload and edit the graphics in the game.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
you have to add the font character packs from the internet... as a matter of fact you can download them from microsofts website, or a popup box should ask if you would like to download the language pack if your go to a site in a different language
thanks, i'll try that

D

Deleted User

OP
Spenstar said:
@Epuls56: I was wondering if you could also put up a tutorial on how to upload and edit the graphics in the game.

Lol to be perfectly honest, I don't know how to graphics edit, I don't really know too terribly much about translating a game. I was just giving instructions and materials people needed so you all can help each other lol. I didn't have time to add pics today like I planned, (school is kicking my @ss).

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Epuls56 said:
Spenstar said:

Lol to be perfectly honest, I don't know how to graphics edit, I don't really know too terribly much about translating a game. I was just giving instructions and materials people needed so you all can help each other lol. I didn't have time to add pics today like I planned, (school is kicking my @ss).
lol, I completely understand. I was just wondering if you knew how.
Good luck at school.
biggrin.gif

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
heyy,

im kinda a n00b and dnt no what the hell im doing with electronics i just do what the people on u-tube do but im not sure if this will help but i have a .xml file that claims to be in english will this help someone translate ss???

rickdgray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks for the help. Two questions: why do you have to move the file and rename it? Was this program originally designed for DPP? And why do I see "/x0001" throughout the entire .xml? It reads out really weird... I was under the assumption it would output in complete sentences at least. And what exactly is the program doing? Is the file encrypted or something? Why can't I just hex it? (Ok, that was more than two.)

BALKANAC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heyy

you have written

9. Now, you are going to want to export all the game's Japanese text into a .xml file. However, this is different from D/P/P. The msg.narc in the msgdata folder isn't there. You have to put it there yourself; go into the tmp_[rom name here]/root/a/0/2 folder. Copy the 7.file.

but i have in the folder 9 files not 7

and how to make a msg.narc file ??

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, first off you copy the 7.file not the 7 files and rename it to msg.narc.

You edit the xml file with wordpad (slightly different then notepad, if u have a pc you should have it)

Svorax, its because those are different commands and such on how and where the text will show up in the game. and the \n is a new line in game (I think)

BALKANAC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aa ok thx

yeah i know wordpad
biggrin.gif

but i have a Mac [no problem for me i look for my old Windows PC if is working xD)

BALKANAC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh sry for double post but i make lol rechtschreibfehler!!

how i put the xml back in the rom ???

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, not really seeing the need for it. The next thing we want is a bunch of translating noobies posting their non-functional translation projects just because they were able to break out the Fisherprice Translation Set. We have 3 translations avaliable (for English), one in German, one in Spanish (I think), and a shitty Google translation one (which hasn't even been released). There's no need for people to make their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh