Not open for further replies.

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
analeigh said:
sorry if i sound like a noob .. im new here...

i have heard rumours that SS/HG works fine (at least - less freezes) on an Acekard2i
is that true?

i am currently play SS on my R4DS (anicent thing - i know, but it has always worked for other games for me..)
and I have already earned the 3rd batch. now my game is deemed unplayable
freezing occurs too often i can barely get through a door without getting a freeze.

i am wondering if using an Acekard2i really does solve the problem
i am contemplating in buying a new card if that's the case - i really want to get through the game with minimum freezing - at least a card that will allow me to play the game... i am completely stuck right now.
frown.gif

any comments would be awesome. thanks guys x

High five brother! Same boat as you. >_>

As for a way to get around badges, I'd recommend using Project Pokemon Save editor - DS http://projectpokemon.org/editing/ppseds.php

You can give yourself whichever badges you need, as well as remove ones you temporarily don't need at the moment, allowing you to progress just a bit further. Good luck, and happy gaming!

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PikaPerson01 said:
analeigh said:
sorry if i sound like a noob .. im new here...

i have heard rumours that SS/HG works fine (at least - less freezes) on an Acekard2i
is that true?

i am currently play SS on my R4DS (anicent thing - i know, but it has always worked for other games for me..)
and I have already earned the 3rd batch. now my game is deemed unplayable
freezing occurs too often i can barely get through a door without getting a freeze.

i am wondering if using an Acekard2i really does solve the problem
i am contemplating in buying a new card if that's the case - i really want to get through the game with minimum freezing - at least a card that will allow me to play the game... i am completely stuck right now.
frown.gif

any comments would be awesome. thanks guys x

High five brother! Same boat as you. >_>

As for a way to get around badges, I'd recommend using Project Pokemon Save editor - DS [url=http://projectpokemon.org/editing/ppseds.php]http://projectpokemon.org/editing/ppseds.php[/url]

You can give yourself whichever badges you need, as well as remove ones you temporarily don't need at the moment, allowing you to progress just a bit further. Good luck, and happy gaming!

I actually can't get it to work on my M3 Sakura.
frown.gif

The editor, I mean.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Vidar @ Mar 14 2010, 09:49 PM)
Not gonna include that post I gave earlier Olly? It has some good info.
Link me? I may have missed it.
xD

I have that up in a notepad document, so I'm continuously updating.

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as was mentioned earlier the problem that the offset 02260344 that is the culprit is used to regulate the ap coding yet this address cannot be fixed as it is used at the same address differently on arm7 is not not possible to "buffer" or move the location of this program to another address lock it there and then bypass it
other possibility the fact that it is directly locked in the arm9 means that if we can change the arm9 coding we may be able to create a patch getting to work on this now gimme a half hour i will see if i can patch it then repack it

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what ive read it looks like it has to do with the game trying to access some addresses that shouldnt be accessed on the DS it automatically redirects them and im guessing on the Acekard they have programed the firmware to fix the problem when they updated for sprit tracks or whatever and the emulators ignore that problem from what ive read its a new style of AP that nintendo is allowing all developers to use

Squall posted it on another thread or something i dont remember where but if he can come in and explain ti it might be worth it to actually read

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arkansaw... i am also calling BS and squall may be a new member but hes done alot to get through this AP issue

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
Arkansaw said:
Squall Leonhart said:
Arkansaw said:
gpalline said:
Arkansaw said:
I'm past Ecruteak, so that's 4 badges without a freeze
What flash card are you using?
plain Desmume, but on a x64

Firmware+NDSBios Y/N
Version
SVN Build
Settings.

Coz im calling BS.

That's your problem, newcomer

Unfortunately for you, im not new. To AP, Desmume or Emulation in general.

Now since you haven't provided proof, i call you out as a troll.

Desmume is not immune. regardless of SWI's, Emulated Bios or Firmware, Cheats, Versioning, or Save settings.

Now since im bored, im gunna go watch the under 8000h rack up in the desmume console and see if theres any correlation to the count and the likelihood of freeze.

njslurpee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
baldymcbald said:
as was mentioned earlier the problem that the offset 02260344 that is the culprit is used to regulate the ap coding yet this address cannot be fixed as it is used at the same address differently on arm7 is not not possible to "buffer" or move the location of this program to another address lock it there and then bypass it
other possibility the fact that it is directly locked in the arm9 means that if we can change the arm9 coding we may be able to create a patch getting to work on this now gimme a half hour i will see if i can patch it then repack it
Godspeed!

Risendevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Don't know if this might help. Utility.bin seems to be the one controlling the menus etc. (from the looks of it) at data > dwc

Olly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What We Think We Know

Code:
Rarely crashing does not mean working perfectly.
"Random" crashing is typically the 24 event rule at the beginning.

Code:
CURRENTLY WORKING:

Acekards work 95% of the time, but freezes have been confirmed.
Latest version of Desmume can play the game.
No$GBA has a fix which makes the game playable.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=213642
020DD9E4 E1A00000 AR code for NO$GBA

CODETHE PROBLEM:

We do not know specifically how this AP works.
The

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm