HG / SS Patch discussion

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Tom133t, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasonese

Jasonese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2009
    United States
    On the other side
    I wish I could close my DS, it crashes whenever I close it, regardless of the game, flashcart or real cartrage.

2. JustRob

JustRob Banned

Banned
    Nov 19, 2008
    Netherlands
    this isn't helping

3. Jasonese

Jasonese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2009
    United States
    On the other side
    Hold on, he got 15 events AFTER the 3rd badge. This could make playing through a bit more bearable for some people. Closing the DS might actually avoid the check.

4. Sardana

Sardana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    It could be the combination of my card and DSi... I don't know.

5. zeromac

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Mar 7, 2009
    Earth
    This

Seriously, I'm getting sick of seeing the same type of people pop up when-ever there is a major release bugging about how the Anti-piracy stops their kids from playing or how they need this now..Well guess what?
    Children in Africa 'need' food and decent healthcare while you guys claim to 'need' a patch for a video-game..

Lemme just define the word 'need' for you:
    "Something that you cannot live without and require"

So all you people that say you 'need' a patch for this videogame, can you really not live without it, when children in Africa cannot live without food?

Warn me if you want, I'm just speaking what most people think

6. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Feb 10, 2009
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    For those people who're really desperate, here's a surefire fix for your problem.

1. Buy the game.
    2. Run the game.
    3. ...
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. MasterLaser

MasterLaser Vaporeon!

Mar 13, 2010
    New Zealand
    It has been proven to be the

8. popochan

popochan Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Thailand
    Why don't we just dump the text then re-pack it to JPN version and play?

9. KirbyPink

KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2006
    Gbatemp
    Oh cry me a river while you are at it why don't you.
    Don't use such a lame excuse for it. Go play on your Acekard and leave us alone.
    I stopped playing WoW again because i found it boring. Then i saw this game being released and i said:
    Finally! I don't have to re-play Castlevania again. But, oh noes AP! God damn it R4! Failed me again.
    Now we need to wait for a patch. Sure i can be patient. Heck i patiently waited for Star Trek Online to be released. And guess what? IT SUCKED!
    Unless you have a solution or have a discussion about any potientonal patch then stay the f*** away from this forum/topic! ******!

10. Risendevil

Risendevil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Senegal
    The game ID is different and it doesn't feels 'complete'.

11. Jasonese

Jasonese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2009
    United States
    On the other side
    Because that's been said hundreds of times and to save you from being flamed, no.

12. xMilkshakesx

xMilkshakesx Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2008
    United States
    Cuba
    Hell YEAH! i need it [​IMG]

13. luca blight

luca blight Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2010
    United States
    starving children in africa need the patch to play this game too

14. Sardana

Sardana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    Ah, but there is one flaw to that equation.

For Nintendo to profit, we need the money.

One thing for sure, I can not afford a copy at the moment because I am buying a brand-new computer.

So, therefore, me with no money = no profit for Nintendo.

Jeeze, it just crashed my card for goodness sake! I really would like to see this patch soon...

15. baldymcbald

baldymcbald GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    vaughn, on, canada
    lad take it easy i used 2 donate to charities every month when i was working i was also one of the people trying to work out a fix keep those comments to urself most of these kids are innocent let them stay that way till they are old enough to realise that our world is messed up i often speak of true communism being the solution but untill the world is able to learn that money is truly nothing then nothing will ever change if you wish to discuss ethics goto google n search philosophy there are a million site that you can discuss this stuff on this is not the time or the place

16. fizzi

fizzi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    Also could people stop saying "It's been released just go buy it", by your logic it's been released for months as the japanese had it.

IT IS STILL NOT OUT IN MOST COUNTRIES!!!!

17. SkyPie

SkyPie Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    Is it Nintendo who's behind the counter? Because the Japanese game was easier to make a patch for. Is it some company in America or something who is adding piracy checks or something to their copies of the game? Sorry if that's n00bish [​IMG]

18. baldymcbald

baldymcbald GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    vaughn, on, canada
    lass how old r you what they are doin is obvious by business standards they spend thousands developing a game piracy checks and programs are to protect that investment they make if i had the money right now i would buy the game ive owned every cartridge in the series since the original red.
    i say all the power to them besides the harder the encryption the more fun for us debuggers and programers to crack it
    hell ive gone through round 20-30million + lines of code looking for a possible fix and have been up goin on 4 days now trying to patch this game .
    its all alot of fun.
    life is a challenge being able to take that challenge and beat it is part of lifes great meaning.

19. Sardana

Sardana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    Nintendo is an intelligent (I use that loosely, they did do a few stupid things) and have obviously spotted how quick the Japanese ROM was hacked. They're trying to make it so we have to go buy a copy instead of pirating it.

20. SkyPie

SkyPie Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    baldymcbald

Fun? Really? Hey is this like the patch on Luigi and Bowser behind the scenes (or whatever it was called)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.