Misc Hey, how about system update?

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I just receive new jet black Dsi and I have one qustion.
There is a System Update feature. As far is I know you should not play with firmwares carelessly. So may I ask: is it safe to update now? I have SuperCard DS onei with latest firmware (Evolution 1.0).
And where, in future, I can get latest information new firmwares and about they safety?

UPD My friend did help me out with reflashing of cartridge. Now everything fine.

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Reploid, congrats on the purchases.

Supercard DsOnei is a safe cart with regards to the system updates. It has the ability to be upgraded by the Supercard team, and I believe the Evolution software puts you right in the correct spot.

As you know, the firmware your DSi came with is 1.3, and the current official update brings you up to 1.4. You should be fine. Additionally, there has been a "phantom" firmware update that no one can seem to figure out what it does, but it hasn't blocked a single flash cart, so again, you should be fine.

In the future, if a new firmware for the DSi comes out (like the fabled 1.5), you can come right here to gbatemp.net, it'll probably make front page news and then we should give you an all clear when you can upgrade. Another good place to check is dsibrew.org. And if you ever need an update for the Supercard, you probably already know you can hop over to eng.supercard.cn

In conclusion, have fun, and you're all set!

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
tyrran said:
Hey Reploid, congrats on the purchases.

Supercard DsOnei is a safe cart with regards to the system updates. It has the ability to be upgraded by the Supercard team, and I believe the Evolution software puts you right in the correct spot.

As you know, the firmware your DSi came with is 1.3, and the current official update brings you up to 1.4. You should be fine. Additionally, there has been a "phantom" firmware update that no one can seem to figure out what it does, but it hasn't blocked a single flash cart, so again, you should be fine.

In the future, if a new firmware for the DSi comes out (like the fabled 1.5), you can come right here to gbatemp.net, it'll probably make front page news and then we should give you an all clear when you can upgrade. Another good place to check is dsibrew.org. And if you ever need an update for the Supercard, you probably already know you can hop over to eng.supercard.cn

In conclusion, have fun, and you're all set!
Okay! I put everything in place and now I have fullscaled device. Thanks. DSStore sure is have some good games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol