Hey guys please assist me with a homework

naeomiee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Hello guys,

I have marketing research homework and would really appreciate your input.

Questions:
1. When a user takes out their portable gaming console, besides playing in places like cafes which in enclosed, does the user also play in other public places such as the bus, park, etc?
2. If the user answers affirmatively to the question above, do they always find a place to sit down, or do they just stand and play with the console?
3. Do users usually go out with their headphones and/or airpods?

Last edited by naeomiee,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to play 3DS on NYC subway train going to work and coming back from work, I would find a place to sit down and play, I don't see people playing at cafe though.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wish a had a homework like that in school.
1. I like playing in buses and cars to kill time. In cafes and parks if I visited them to kill time.
2. Never played standing up. When I see someone that does, it's on a phone, but would never do this myself.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys,

Questions:
1. When a user takes out their portable gaming console, besides playing in places like cafes which in enclosed, does the user also play in other public places such as the bus, park, etc?
2. If the user answers affirmatively to the question above, do they always find a place to sit down, or do they just stand and play with the console?
1. They buy it start it ones, store it for others to see, and never touch it ever again after.
2. Since they barely touch the device... i say they walked across the room once with the device.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just play Switch at home someplace I can stretch out. The Switch is too big, heavy, and fragile to be a practical handheld. On the other hand, it is also small enough for someone to easily steal if you let it out of your sight. Its battery life also sucks, which contributes to my leaving it home.

I usually play GB(A) games on a Powkiddy V90 (a strangely compelling knock off that looks like a GBA SP) if I'm stuck somewhere public.

Even if the Switch were better as a handheld, would one really want to play some huge, engrossing game like No Man's Sky on a subway? I'd miss my stop. Keep in mind, though, I live in the People's Republic of Florida, so I have little experience with modern urban transportation and other things people who live in the developed world take for granted.

Last edited by romanaOne,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being standing in a bus or train (assuming you don't get car sick from it, met quite a few that do) and playing risks it being knocked out of your hands when speeding up, slowing down, sudden stops. To that end probably quite different to leaning against a tree/wall/rock and playing something.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I rarely take my switch out to begin with, it's just too big to bring it with me everyday. I only bring it out when I'm going to a friend's place who doesn't have a switch, as nothing beats nintendo when it comes to party games. If I'm taking a bus or train I just read some news/forums on my phone.

Soccerdies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I would commute to NYC I would sit on the train and play switch, but never really could play if I had to stand due to no seats available. But thats just me

naeomiee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I wish a had a homework like that in school.
1. I like playing in buses and cars to kill time. In cafes and parks if I visited them to kill time.
2. Never played standing up. When I see someone that does, it's on a phone, but would never do this myself.
HAHA right?
Post automatically merged:

Thank you all

Disco Inferno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work in a middle school as a class aide, and the students I work with can earn play time on the Switches that I bring. When they do, they play in the class room.

The students need to be sitting down to use my Switches.

If the sound becomes a distraction to the other students, then they need to wear headphones, which are available.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
1. Enclosed spaces only (personally, I'd treat playing on a bus along the lines of playing at cafes etc. - it'd probably be more revealing to pit inside vs outside rather than arbitrarily divide public spaces. My two cents :))
2. I'm always sitting when playing.
3. I don't go ANYWHERE without at least a pair of earphones.

Working_Goose

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Austria
1. i living in europe, maybe the public transport thing is way more different as in your place. But i play in the Metro, Bus and the Tram with my Mobile handheld stuff.
Smartphone with an Controller, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Anbernic RG280V, Steamdeck etc...

2. i play something when i need to stand. but it depens how much ppl are there.
And i dont play with everything while standing. The Steamdeck is a no go, but a switch or something smaller is okay

3. Yeah, waering earbuds, listen to music (or when i play with the steamdeck)

haxorhs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello guys,

Questions:

Yes to all

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't have a nintendo switch, but i do have a DSi!
1: i mostly play at school, and in the bus to and from school.
2: i prefer sitting down, but if i am really bored i would play while standing. i even once played while walking to my bus stop haha

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello guys,

Questions:

1. Yes, sometimes. I prefer playing at home but if I'm traveling on the train or will be waiting for friends I consider taking my devices, other than a phone with me. Though I don't always play it even if I do. I'm a sleepy head on transportation or cars.
2. Sit, always. If I have to stand on the train or bus, I'm not trying to fumble with a switch etc. Phone only.
3. Of course.

This is Japan though, so I can do this with relative safety.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: