Hacking Hermes cIOS Installer v5.1 MOD by Rodries

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do I get that [38+37] option for ios 223?

Just using Rodries' 5.1 here; noticed how now cfg usb supports rodries' 5.1 mod, and that's the only USB loader I use; thankfully no mic games or rock band wii here, so no need to worry about that.

What about for 225?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:

Just using Rodries' 5.1 here; noticed how now cfg usb supports rodries' 5.1 mod, and that's the only USB loader I use; thankfully no mic games or rock band wii here, so no need to worry about that.

What about for 225?
225 was added in Rodries' mod. There isn't really any need for it, at least no recommendations. Also, you cannot combine 38 and 37 using anything above version 4. I'm pretty sure this includes Rodries' mod. For 223, you are going to have to use version 4.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
codezer0 said:

What about for 225?
225 was added in Rodries' mod. There isn't really any need for it, at least no recommendations. Also, you cannot combine 38 and 37 using anything above version 4. I'm pretty sure this includes Rodries' mod. For 223, you are going to have to use version 4.
Correct.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kirbymaster101 said:
anyone tested cios225, i might as well install it? what base would be the best for it?
The 255 of cIOS255 is just another 'slot' to install the cIOS to. The cIOS contents are not different for each 'slot' it is installed to, but differ depending on what IOS code they use as their base. Since cIOS255 is so new, no common choices have been set, so it is up to use to decide what IOS based cIOS you want to install as IOS255. Just choose one you still need, want to test out, or are missing...

-[]D

EDIT: Anyone got a better term that "slot" when referring to what IOS title the cIOS are installed as???

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the files for offline install. I looked in ModMii and it doesn't support Rodries yet. Which wads do I need for install?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
luckwii said:
I can't find the files for offline install. I looked in ModMii and it doesn't support Rodries yet. Which wads do I need for install?
That's not pretty easy, you'll need to download the wad bases with nus downloader (use v1.5a) but not in wad files, they need to be extracted. If you want to install it with IOS57 base, then download IOS57 v5661 with nus downloader 1.5a. To see the version just select the IOS base and look down to the path where the ios base needs to be. If nus downloader finished the job you'll have a new folder in the nus downloader directory. Copy this folder to sd:/ios. Then continue to download the other bases you want to use. I hope you understand that
laugh.gif

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NUS is getting errors. I am using it through ModMii. It won't finish the install. It may be that my antivirus software is picking ModMii up as a virus. It appears it may be blocking full install. I don't know for sure, but I cannot get all the wads installed and packed.

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
luckwii said:
NUS is getting errors. I am using it through ModMii.
Then use the v1.5a I suggested, maybe it works better.

It worked. Got it installed. I have 249 d2x installed to 57. Is it possible to install the Rodries mod to 57 at the same time?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
luckwii said:
It worked. Got it installed. I have 249 d2x installed to 57. Is it possible to install the Rodries mod to 57 at the same time?
You meaned you installed cIOS249 with the IOS base 57
smile.gif
Yeah sure you can install for example IOS223 with the base IOS57 and then select IOS223 in the usb loader.

niishou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How this version works with WiiXplorer? Has anyone tested it? I've been using cIOS202 with merged IOS36 and 60 (Hermes v2) because everything works with it (FTP, Channel List, StartMenu...). So, my question is: Does this Hermes v5.1 mod (with cIOS202, base 60) works as good as my current configuration IN WiiXplorer?

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
rodries I have 2 usb pendrives and none of them work in your wiimc mod version. I tried to run your USB test app, but it requires IOS58. Do I need your cIOS 202 mod installed for this? Im afraid to touch this kind of things, I have system menu 4.1E it says on cIOS 61, but priiloader seems to be on cIOS 60. I also have installed IOS249 rev.17

edit: I runned a test with syscheck, actually I have ios202 v.5.1 rev.65535 on base 38

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
niishou said:
How this version works with WiiXplorer? Has anyone tested it? I've been using cIOS202 with merged IOS36 and 60 (Hermes v2) because everything works with it (FTP, Channel List, StartMenu...). So, my question is: Does this Hermes v5.1 mod (with cIOS202, base 60) works as good as my current configuration IN WiiXplorer?
It works great, but you won't be able to use FTP anymore (SMB should work though). I suggest you use FTPii.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you see, I installed this version and everything is the same. : )
WiiXplorer can use FTP, WiiXplorer doesn't recognise any of my usb.
mplayer ce r.658 doesn't recognise them either
wiimc mod by rodri doesn't recognise them either.
Nothing has changed, good news...?

The funny thing is that my external HDD in ntfs is recognised everywhere, even in wiimc (although it spits an error when trying to browse)

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
1) sure!
2) did it
3) yes, that was a funny surprise, but my ntfs hdd is for storing, not cycling.

and yes, I installed cIOS202, on IOS base 60

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica