Hacking Henkaku Save Editing Thread

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
for windows, i use hxd and hexination :) ok i will have a look for money.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Chrisssj2 - ok replace your save with this file - https://dropfile.to/wIoaQwS
hopefully the money is different. if the save doesn't load, maybe there is a checksum...

i think i gave you 999999, and 987654, for the two different money amounts.
Hey you changed the money last time. You said maybe there is a checksum. Is that like a offset that you can always find your values back to?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/86rd4trzl37f2r8/Nieuw_Asia_TO_EU_converted_savegame.rar
Also im not sure the saveunlock.dat works as intended now... I took my decrypted Asia PSN savegame and just replaced in the EU spot... It works! I have everything on EU now.
However the saveunlock.dat i copied over from the EU savegame into my asia Savegame...
Is not showing as many things in the owner shop like before. However it did say a bunch of stuff was unlocked. Could you check if there is some kind of a region check in the saveunlock.dat? or redo the saveunlock.dat with this file?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/falzhah4nrb0dub/SAVEUNLOCK.rar

many thanks for your time

EDIT: Found value 6A 55 09. which is owner money. does that mean the checksum offset is always at 00000630? 86 87 01 girl money @0000F3B0
Hmm i get an error now after replacing save C1-6427-9...
EDIT2: Tried searching for differences the only difference was the 7F 96 98(9.9 milmoney) value for the both money values... and it seemed to make the save corrupt?
again trying with with value 90 D0 03 (250k money) will post back.
EDIT3: It seemed the game doesnt always like the 7F 96 98(9.9 milmoney) value? is this possible? i know it is going beyond the intended limit of the game money. but it used to work with last save?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Chrisssj2 yeah, no checksum. :)
Checksum is not the same as offset? The offset is "line" in the savedocument where u will always find the money data?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Chrisssj2 yeah, no checksum. :) otherwise changing the money would be harder a little.
maybe i look later at the unlock thing, ok
Sure np. I will continue myself and just document stuff.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Checksum is not the same as offset? The offset is "line" in the savedocument where u will always find the money data?
checksum is a number, calculated from the rest of the files data each time you save.

to see if data was changed. if changed, the checksum would be incorrect with respect to the data. and save not load.
so, we have to fix the checksum.

but this game doesn't use a checksum. so no problem.

Last edited by cearp,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
checksum is a number, calculated from the rest of the files data each time you save.

to see if data was changed. if changed, the checksum would be incorrect with respect to the data. and save not load.
so, we have to fix the checksum.

but this game doesn't use a checksum. so no problem.
I see thanks! Hmm i just tried changing my money to 150k, 250k or 9,9 mil. and it either gave me an error C1-6427-9 or it reverted me back to an "empty savegame" having to start all over.
Restored my old save for now..

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
Starting with the good news first lol thus far hex editing Disgaea 4 and Gal*Gun Double Peace (money values) has been total cake, Valzy be rolling like a pimp :P However, I've still made no progress on the Freedom Wars front. @Sabishinbo has been a champ helping out and figuring out that there's a checksum of some kind that makes the save corrupt if it's edited in pretty much any way. But I still have no idea how that checksum is generated, and nothing I'm tinkering around with has given me the answer thus far :( Would anyone be willing to lend a hand, or offer some ideas as to how I can get around this? I'd take any advice at this stage! Lol :P

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting with the good news first lol thus far hex editing Disgaea 4 and Gal*Gun Double Peace (money values) has been total cake, Valzy be rolling like a pimp :P However, I've still made no progress on the Freedom Wars front. @Sabishinbo has been a champ helping out and figuring out that there's a checksum of some kind that makes the save corrupt if it's edited in pretty much any way. But I still have no idea how that checksum is generated, and nothing I'm tinkering around with has given me the answer thus far :( Would anyone be willing to lend a hand, or offer some ideas as to how I can get around this? I'd take any advice at this stage! Lol :P
I'm finding that a lot of the games have checksum's..
Code:
Child of Light
Conception II
Demon Gaze
Dragon's Crown (though it does share the same offsets as the PS3 version...)
Gundam Breaker 3
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines
just to name a few..

Last edited by ness151,

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Child of Light
Conception II
Demon Gaze
Gundam Breaker 3
Stranger of Sword City
just to name a few..
Yep. Conception II and Oreshika both definitely have checksums. I've tried to edit both to no avail.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok well post a save or two from a game and let's see if we can see what the checksum is.
it's not always really about encryption, many times it is about just making sure there is no corruption.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are mine. All saves have a "stats.txt" with basic information for characters in their respective saves.
Dragon's Crown doesn't have one. If you need one, lemme know. It shares offsets with the PS3 version, but the checksum is different.

Attachments

• saves.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 293
Last edited by ness151,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm not going to personally get to these any time soon guys, it's just good to get these out there :)
i'm focusing on games i have at the moment ;)
anyone?

just need a little pointer thats all.
what the problem buddy

what value do you want to change? what thing first, to get you started etc
(what game? not important really unless someone has already found stuff though)

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm not going to personally get to these any time soon guys, it's just good to get these out there :)
i'm focusing on games i have at the moment ;)

what the problem buddy

what value do you want to change? what thing first, to get you started etc
(what game? not important really unless someone has already found stuff though)

I'm looking to get more money in New Little King Story and raise my level in Rainbow moon.

i have both games on my vita.

i currently have a henkaku vita and a 3.61 psTV set up at my work desk and i am using FileZilla and HxD editor.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok so you have dumped thte decrypted version your little king story save? (you edited the app.db, loaded the browser... copied to your pc via ftp etc)?
you did all that?

vergil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
Child of Light
Conception II
Demon Gaze
Gundam Breaker 3
Stranger of Sword City
just to name a few..
You can include Mortal Kombat and Injustice to that list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay