Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
A vpk installer for user of PSP save transfer method that should have an option of installing extracted VPK files this would save a lot of time because for vpk that are 4 gb there would be no need for double the space on the limited size memory card. I know VPKShrink and VitaOrganizer exist but both those methods require ftp which can be dangerous if connected to your main internet router.

More details about the ftp method is on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/507inp/for_anyone_who_will_not_have_the_space_to_have/
but my request is a simplified method that would just require extracting the vpk to a folder on pc and transfer to Vita using PSP save method then the vpk installer would take care of the files without requiring double space.

edit- Actually it wouldn't really being installing the data, more like moving the game data to the correct folder.

Apparently the new vitashell that is coming out in a couple of days will have this extracted VPK / folder install. Thanks to the devs, no more need for double space. I think it is a combination of MaiDump / VPK. Not sure of details because in chinese.

Sources (freefrank english 3rd post): https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-the-fastest-way-to-transfer-maidump-game.443319/
Chinese Site: http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-45055345-1-1.html

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone please make a homebrew to remove the "You cannot earn Thropies in this application. Do you still want to start this application?" warning when playing a game with a different acc than the owner of the savefile?
I just used AccountSwitcher app and i noticed that all of the apps that i've installed with my other acc is showing this warning, its so annoying :(

Also, if possible, a way to upload/download our savefiles to dropbox/GDrive, like the PS+ and its save sync :P

Last edited by laurorual,

miketheratguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I am really looking forward to also.

I've been using daedalusx64 on vhbl. Some games are quite playable. Starfox, Mario64 is good as well. Ocarina of time is not playable. Messing with the settings helps a little.

Anyway, it's an option until there's an official port if you want to play.

Hear, hear. One of the very reasons why I made this account was to thank those who are working on an N64 emulator for the Vita. Perfect Dark is probably within my top ten games of all-time and I couldn't even begin to count how many hours I've put into it. Ever since the early days of the PSP one decade ago I've been dreaming of being able to play that game on the go, more than perhaps any other (with the exception of Morrowind which is never going to happen, lol). I'm no programmer myself so I have no idea how difficult or time-consuming it is to develop an N64 emulator for the Vita or if Perfect Dark will even be playable on it (it was playable but crashed on the PSP so here's hoping!) but either way I wanted you guys to know that your efforts are sincerely appreciated.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. One more vote for Brutal Doom. :D

Last edited by miketheratguy,

thepersonanon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Vita equivalent to OpenPS2Loader so everyone can be alleviated of the memory card prices, or perhaps just a Server Message block lib so developers can add SMB support to their apps, I never realized how much of a space saver an SMB share was until the Wii scene.

GringoHisopo1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know plugins and homebrew are different thinks but i wish to have more brightness, save states, and put the games and put filters images like black and white and sepia.

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I was wondering if would be possible to make a phonegap-like wrapper for hybrid apps.
I mean, if you check Crunchyroll's code, it looks like runs in a webview wrapper and runs .js files.

I was hoping we could have "vitagap" so we who can't code C could make homebrew apps with javascript (with a minimum framework where we could access OS functions from within JS, just like phonegap allows).

For example, we could convert vpkmirror installer into a hybrid, this way the website would actually work with rest api and since it's a webview of sorts, would handle the download and install from there, without opening browser and etc. Or even port html5 games into their own containers/bubbles.

SuperJin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Requests
I have some requests / ideas
I don't know if these are possible or not.
  1. I would love if you can make use of the PSTV's USB PORT.
    Maybe it can be used as storage? It would be nice for games and other stuff and it's cheap too!

2. It would be awesome if the Vita could play mkv files, esspecially if you also could the USB port ;)

3. Is it possible to remove the HDCP on the PSTV? I'm sure some people like to stream/record their gameplay without worrying about a splitter.

4. Bring back PSP / PS1 games support. I have a Vita with TN-V, I haven't updated to HENkaku yet because I won't able to play those games yet.

5. Miracast? like stream from your mobile

6. Stream Vita to Vita. some might say this is a little bit pointless, it would basically become a second controller like the Wii U. The you could still use the touch controls on the big TV.
Thank you for taking the time to read to this :)

Reactions: tangotnt

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to create a homebrew that resets the analog deadzone? (might be only possible with cfw though)

cboushell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would to see something like PReSS which was an app on the PSP that was an RSS aggregator. It allowed you to choose from many different types of pŕe selected sites as well as the ability to add your own sites if l remember correctly.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, that could turn into a request. Does anyone remember how on PSP you could open up a games manual (don't remember if it was just PSP, just psx, or both), and then someone hacked that so you could import a walk through, let's say ripped from gamesfaqs, and open that instead of the game manual? It was neat because it didn't close out the game nor did it require you to be on the internet to view it. Would something like that be feasible with vita games, or would a standard pdf reader render that useless?

fennectech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a minecraft psvita world importer so we no longer require a PS3 to install worlds into our minecraft

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN