Hacking HELP!!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there are multiple ways to update. I would recommend using ModMii as it will make sure everything (cIOSs, priiloader) is up to date as well.

Just run it and start the modmii wizard. [*]Then say your wii is not a virgin. [*]After that choose that you are on 4.0 E, then say that you want to go to 4.1 (or 4.2 if you want).[*]You don't need to download any of the channels it lists, as they are not required, and probably already on your wii.[*]After that say yes to the "Would you like to download any of the following:" screen. [*]You only need to download the latest hackmii installer if your homebrew channel is below 1.0.8 (hit the home button in the homebrew channel and look in the top corner to see what version you are on). [*]Next say that you do want to download the latest cIOSs and cMIOS. [*]You don't need YAWMM, or the IOS236 installer (because you already have patched ios's). [*]And then you should also get priiloader (along with multi-mod manager & hacks.ini). [*]You don't need the extra brick protection, but you may want it. [*]Your choice on the theme.thats it, just download the files (may take a while, if it freezes start the task manager and end the process "nusd.exe"), save them to your sd card, and follow the guide modmii made (NOTE: for the "INSTALL WADS" step in the guide, instead of loading ios236, load 249 instead.)
If you dont want to do all that you could also just run DOP-Mii: http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/downloads/list and install the system menu that you want with it (but it will only install the system menu and the one IOS required for that system menu, it wont update anything else. this will also remove preloader)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BBking83 said:
TJAY107 said:
I double posted, that's all. I still recomend running the DARKCORP uninstaller.
smile.gif
This is NOT darkcorp or cioscorp! These are older IOSes with the original bugs, darkcorp and cioscorp is simply re-adding these patches to the newer IOS versions.
@TJAY107:
Yes, simply use modmii, it's the best way.

TJAY107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Success!!

Although, now when I try to install priiloader, I get this message:

"failed to get root, ios(36) has fakesign bug fixed"

What's up with that?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, FIX94, you're right. I checked after I posted and realised that the IOSes weren't maxed out.

You can use Dop-mii to install a clean IOS36 if you like.

TJAY107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers.

I tried using Dopmii to install IOS 36, and I got the message
"ERROR! Choose ane IOS that accepts fake signing"

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, the reason that priiloader isn't installing is because it requires cios236, which you dont have. You have a few options, one would be to install 236, another would be to hold b while installing priiloader (this will force it to use 249.)
But I would recommended getting priiloader 0.6, because it just recently came out, and, modmii hasn't been updated to use it yet.

You can get it here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list to install it all you need is HBC 1.0.7 or above, you dont need any patched ios's at all. once you get it you will also need to download the hacks_hash.ini (right click, save it to the root of your sd card) and you can delete the old hacks.ini that modmii downloaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30